Pansat TC-1000HD died today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

transco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
My second Pansat TC-1000HD died today which leaves me without a S2 receiver. I have had it with Pansat. Can you believe their fix for overheating was to suspend a fan between the tuner housing and a PCB and gooping all three with epoxy to hold it onto place (which makes all three non-serviceable)?! I discovered this jewel when I popped the cover today to see what I could do about fixing it. Anyway, Pansat is out and I'm looking for an affordable replacement. Do you still feel the Micro SD is a good buy or is there something better in the same price range?

My second Pansat TC-1000HD died today which leaves me without a S2 receiver. I have had it with Pansat. Can you believe their fix for overheating was to suspend a fan between the tuner housing and a PCB and gooping all three with epoxy to hold it onto place (which makes all three non-serviceable)?! I discovered this jewel when I popped the cover today to see what I could do about fixing it. Anyway, Pansat is out and I'm looking for an affordable replacement. Do you still feel the Micro SD is a good buy or is there something better in the same price range?

Absolutely! It's 100% rock solid and totally dependable. I've had no problems with mine at all excluding a bad hard disk that I replaced and that of course was entirely my doing and had nothing at all to do with the tuner.
It's money well spent. The only recommendation I have is to set the time manually and leave it fully powered up 24/7 if you plan to make timer recordings. If you're not going to make recordings via the timer then there's nothing to do except use and enjoy it!

I am going to buy a second one this fall just because I like it that much. And when my dad has a belly full of his Openbox S9, I'm going to replace that clunker with one of these.

I very much recommend the µHD....... :D

Some hardware to consider

Anything special about your system?
Crazy bunch of switches?
Motorized Ku?
Motorized BUD?
The microHD seems to handle everything, as I recall. .
For years, I wanted OTA in an FTA receiver, but none were satisfactory.
Now I have a dedicated laptop with dual tuners doing the job
Not wise putting all your eggs in one overpriced basket.
The mHD is pretty reasonable doing FTA and recording, and has outstanding factory support. .
If you need 4:2:2, then the AZbox mini North American edition might be worth a look. ?
?.

Last edited:
After rereading the review and other info I found I decided to go ahead with the mHD. It arrived today and from what I've seen so far, all I can say is 'fantastic'. I have it hooked to a Gbox which is driving a 3M dish equipped with a Universal LNBF (5150 - 10750). I'm sure it was covered in the review, but I somehow missed the fact that the mHD's 'Blind Scan' even moves the dish while searching for the satellites. I set the Gbox up with a single satellite, assigned it a Position #, fed that info into the mHd, and away it went. It currently is locating all of the FTA channels on all the satellites I requested... both Ku and C-band. The 3M dish only sees about two-thirds of the arc due to trees. I also have an offset 1M H-H Ku dish and will use that to cover the balance of the arc. I'm not sure if I can get away with it or not (still haven't read the manual), but my plan is to set up a second range of satellites for Blind Scan, specifying the 1M dish and Ku only.

Oops! Not exactly what I thought. If using DiSEqC 1.2 positioning you do have to set each satellite's position yourself. Not too bad in my case since the Gbox already had the position of each satellite stored in memory. All I had to do was to set the position number for each satellite in the mHD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts