Parents want to retire soon in Edmond Oklahoma.. anyone lives in Edmond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
They have been talking to R.E agents lately and are planning to retire in Edmond, OK.

I have not been there in person to see the area for myself. Anyone that lives in or near Edmond.. can you post how is life there?

How is the weather there in the summer/winter? Any tornados or other weather phenomenons?

Any other areas near Edmond Oklahoma that is just as equal or better as far as best place to retire?

Thanks in advance.

Edmond

How did they come up with that town? I assume it has a low cost of living and housing costs, from what I've read about Oklahoma. I think I read that Oklahoma has the most tornados of any state in the USA.

hey i live in Henryetta, ok. its about 88 miles east of edmond. summers are hot especially august with high humidity. tornadoes are very active here in oklahoma.the last most devastating one happened about may 3 1999 or 2000 it did some big damage over there very close to edmond.winters seem mild to me maybe 2 ft of snow that soon melts away.if they are dead set on edmond a tornado safe room is a must have.

How did they come up with that town? I assume it has a low cost of living and housing costs, from what I've read about Oklahoma. I think I read that Oklahoma has the most tornados of any state in the USA.

They have some friends that recently moved there and visited them. liked their 5 acre home and fell in love with the area.

I would have to mention about the tornados activity in OK to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.