Partial OTA reception problem

mkatts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
A couple of weeks ago I had posted that I was having spotty reception on some of my OTA's and i corrected it by tightening up some connections to the ant.

Well earlier this week, I lost NBC completely with no change to the reset of the wiring or ant. signal power hangs out around 10-15. All other channels are ok.

So I start eliminating possible causes again only to not have any luck fixing my problem.

I should mention that I have the Winegard Sensar 2000 ant with no diplexors. The signal comes into the house, into an 18v power injector, then to a splitter, sending one line upstairs and one to the living room. I have no nbc on either box.

I don't have a mutilmeter to verify what voltage is coming out of the injector. But when I unplug the inject, nbc comes in strong with a 65 signal strength. I plug it in and the signal drops to 15. To complicate the matter, without the power injector, i can't get abc, cbs or fax. But with the inject I can't get nbc but I get abc, cbs and fox.

Any ideas before I venture into a possible service call with Voom?

Try calling the station, their digital broadcasting may have stopped for some reason. Sometimes the FCC will yoink permits for various technical reasons. On the other hand the power injector might be a problem. Try having the correct diplexors installed -- a service call should do this for free -- and see if that works.

As already mentioned in the same thread at Yahoo, the problem is likely caused by the NBC station being too strong and too close to you (14 miles). An attenuator might help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)