Parting Gift from Dish

Dish pulls these same tactics.
I've already been charged $300
6 days after my last cancelled account in 2010 for Unreturned 722 and 612, even though I was told I had 14 days to return the equipment.

I Highly doubt I was the only person that experienced this in the past.
Thats why its best you have a credit card on file, and not a debit card.

I had that charge reversed in less than 24 hours and there was nothing Dish could do.
But had that been someones debt card, well thats a Dirty trick.

Makes no difference if it's a credit or debit card if it has a visa MasterCard or Amex logo.

Certain providers such as Amex fight harder for their customers.

Makes no difference if it's a credit or debit card if it has a visa MasterCard or Amex logo.

Certain providers such as Amex fight harder for their customers.
It makes a big difference.
Debt card, takes the money out of your bank instantly.
Then its a dispute process that can take up to 10 Business days before the bank will credit the money back.
And thats only If you win the dispute.

Credit card, a dispute will stop the actual transaction before money is ejected.
That logo doesn't mean squat.

And Directv is the worst offender for Automatic Debt card ETF and Unreturned charges causing overdrawn penalties.

Google it once.

Reactions: pattykay
It makes a big difference.
Debt card, takes the money out of your bank instantly.
Then its a dispute process that can take up to 10 Business days before the bank will credit the money back.
And thats only If you win the dispute.

Credit card, a dispute will stop the actual transaction before money is ejected.
That logo doesn't mean squat.

And Directv is the worst offender for Automatic Debt card ETF and Unreturned charges causing overdrawn penalties.

Google it once.

That's not true.

The only difference on a debit card is the funds are deducted immediately, and a credit card the funds are deducted from your available.

As far as any dispute they cannot be filed till the amount of the charge is settled on your account.

If they are getting a refund from Dish, they probably don't even notice it's ten dollars short. They're happy and did not expect anything in the first place. As was posted earlier.

for those who do remember it often guarantees they will never return. just like myself. even today if asked about dish, i describe the receiver fee doubling overnite......

i wonder how many subs left to never return over the fees? i owned all my boxes, so there were no return fees for me....

i always had my 4 boxes plugged into a phone line. although audit never called me......

the fee jacking cost them what otherwise would of been a customer and supporter for life

for those who do remember it often guarantees they will never return. just like myself. even today if asked about dish, i describe the receiver fee doubling overnite......

i wonder how many subs left to never return over the fees? i owned all my boxes, so there were no return fees for me....

i always had my 4 boxes plugged into a phone line. although audit never called me......

the fee jacking cost them what otherwise would of been a customer and supporter for life

I'm sorry, but your posts just contradict each other. Most people leave DISH for a reason where they are not very happy, like you. They're not likely to recommend DISH to anyone anyway. So, charging them $10 to return their leased equipment is not going to change that attitude one way or the other. You said as much in this post.

I suspect that you are in the same camp as Claude, there's not much DISH can do that you will approve of because you had a bad experience. That's fine, but at least try to maintain a semblance of objectivity in your approach. Before you call me a DISH fanboy, I'll tell you that if I find another provider who meets my needs at a better price, I'll be gone like the wind.

I'm sorry, but your posts just contradict each other. Most people leave DISH for a reason where they are not very happy, like you. They're not likely to recommend DISH to anyone anyway. So, charging them $10 to return their leased equipment is not going to change that attitude one way or the other. You said as much in this post.

I suspect that you are in the same camp as Claude, there's not much DISH can do that you will approve of because you had a bad experience. That's fine, but at least try to maintain a semblance of objectivity in your approach. Before you call me a DISH fanboy, I'll tell you that if I find another provider who meets my needs at a better price, I'll be gone like the wind.

some leading causes for canceling. divorce, job loss and other $$$ situations.moving to a new home with no line of site/ etc etc. cord cutting

lots of reasons people drop dish or any other provider. its not all mad, for the mad previous subs, the 10 bucks may not matter. but why sour all the customers for a lousy 10 bucks

And you know this how?

Because I pay the bill.
I've had dish since they started.
It's not only dish who gets extra for
Technology fee. Its a way for these companies to pull in extra money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evidence. Proves that the fee isn't part of the contracts with content owners and that they don't get their cut. It must be all profit for just the MVPD.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts