PAS 1R satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rene0228

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Please help, Im trying to get signal from this satellite, I live in texas zip code 75228, I currently have a viewsat plat box, I just bought a C-Band dish online is a huge 10 foot dish. anyone knows if its possible to get that satellite out of my area and what equipment will I need to get those signals please help.

I was able to hit this satellite and found it to be quite strong with my 5' dish here in Phoenix.

You've got two things working against you, but I'd expect that you should be able to see it.

#1 - The beam is for Latin america and you up here in the US. In spite of this I saw some of the highest quality number's I've ever seen hitting this sat.

#2 - This sat is far enough East to put it low in the Sky. You'll need an excellent view to the East - South East.

I no longer have that dish or the ability to go that far East with my current dish to give you specifics of what I was able to see. The good news is that Phoenix and Dallas are pretty close latitude wise. With your larger dish I'm all but sure you'll be able to hit it. Be sure to have enough pole to stand that dish on end ;).

Good Luck!

Last edited:
rene0228 said:
Please help, Im trying to get signal from this satellite, I live in texas zip code 75228, I currently have a viewsat plat box, I just bought a C-Band dish online is a huge 10 foot dish. anyone knows if its possible to get that satellite out of my area and what equipment will I need to get those signals please help.

What dish did you get? is it polar mount or H-H?

If you only want P1 then any C-band feed will work, though if you have a big dish I would get a c/ku feed, and if you want NSS-806 get the wideband feed, a 4dtv would not be a bad idea to ad to the system.

sorry guys Im really new to all this, some1 told me that the dish is too old and that is just a c-band so i dont know if it will work with my viewsat plat box, I bought the dish on ebay but have yet to pick it up, dont really know what equipment I would need, Im trying to get channels from this:

http://lyngsat.com/freetv/Honduras.html

equipment i have is viewsat 200 plat box, with a small dishnetwork dish, and big 10 foot c-band dish i just bought from ebay. thanks for the help in advance

Go to the Global Communications website at
www.global-cm.net

There, you will find detailed information on satellites available from Latin America, as well as precise pointing angles for the Phoenix area.

As far as someone telling you that your 10-foot dish is too old, that is a very uninformed opinion. At worst case, you may have to replace the LNB with a digitally rated one, or the LNB and feedhorn with a C-band LNBF.
Honduras is available from the 40.5 West satellite (NSS-806), with
CBC channel 6 from San Pedro Sula as well as MAYA TV. You will need a
dielectric plate type feedhorn or LNBF for this satellite, so you might consider a C-band LNBF that includes a dielectric device.

Good luck!

rene0228 said:
sorry guys Im really new to all this, some1 told me that the dish is too old and that is just a c-band so i dont know if it will work with my viewsat plat box, I bought the dish on ebay but have yet to pick it up, dont really know what equipment I would need, Im trying to get channels from this:

http://lyngsat.com/freetv/Honduras.html

equipment i have is viewsat 200 plat box, with a small dishnetwork dish, and big 10 foot c-band dish i just bought from ebay. thanks for the help in advance

Your big dish is the best system, it is not to old, like Mike said a C-band lnbf would be good unless you will use a 4dtv or replace your viewsat with a Pansat these have the ability to control a servo motor, though if you only want P1 and thats it then a lnbf is good for you, though I would not put up a big dish only to be aimed at one satellite, you never know if the channels will move or go encrypted, a big dish is best when motorized.

If you do want a 4dtv or analog IRD to move the dish, then I would get the chaparral corotor II plus wideband, and slave the viewsat to the main system, a C-band lnb like the 8115 from Norsat and a Ku-band one like the 4106a will be a great setup.

In conclusion pas 1r is avai from Dallas,tx with a big dish? and I still dont know if my viewsat box will work this dish

What would the perfect system to receive pas 1r channels? dish and reciever. im still confused over this, im really sorry guys.

Like stated above, your viewsat is fine and will work, do you know what all is coming with the dish you bought? the feedhorn should still be ok, and you may need to change the lnb, though this is good only if the dish comes with a old analog IRD, so you can slave the viewsat to it like so http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm if you do not want to slave the viewsat, and have it run all by itself on a non motorized system, then you may want to buy a C-band lnbf, the viewsat can control this on it's own without the help of another receiver.

I suggested other methods that you may want to consider, like a 4dtv with the viewsat slaved and a c/ku wideband feedhorn, and 24" Venture actuator (if the dish is a polar mount type) this is just a tip, and will give you the ability to subscribe to American programming, and get many more free channels from other satellites.

You may want to get a tech to help setup, or guide you with what all can be done:
http://onsat.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=c15e25c319c06d285f60ed24b994159d
Good Luck!

rene0228 said:

Rene, I saw from your other posts you are trying to get free tv from Honduras.

I figured you want to get Telecadena 7 y 4 from Pas1R. It is listed on Lyngsat as a free channel.

Sorry to tell you when i scanned the sat the other day Telecadena was scrambled.

You are correct and thanks for the info..its too bad i cant recv those channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts