pas 9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Got it with my channelmaster. Its a side LNB, so getting weak signal on cubavison. Works though :) would be better it i moved the dish directly on it, but not willing to lose my other sats :).

Just make sure you use a universal for this sat

Got it with my channelmaster. Its a side LNB, so getting weak signal on cubavison. Works though :) would be better it i moved the dish directly on it, but not willing to lose my other sats :).

Just make sure you use a universal for this sat
thnks Buckeye State: I am born and raised in Lorain, but been here in
california for 30 yrs. will try to experiment with my primestar, have a single feed invacom lnb. have to figure out how to mount it to test it.

I haven't been to PAS 9 for a couple of years but I was able to tune C band at that time, from here in eastern Ohio.

I never had any luck on the Ku side of Pas 9. anything worth wtaching??

Thats what I've been trying to figure out :)

I've been hoping for some posts in the WUT forum on some europe sports feeds, but no luck as of yet. Cubavision is weak for me. There is a strong TP (11477 H 26470 with a BT mux). nothing there except a indian religious channel. My dish location is pretty weak so no sure if I am catching everything. There is another Feed TP (its on lyngsat) that has some channels too, but too weak to lock in all the time.( my dish issue)

In the end....still trying to figure out if its worth a perm lnb. ANY Ku sports there WILL make it perm :)

Thats what I've been trying to figure out :)

In the end....still trying to figure out if its worth a perm lnb. ANY Ku sports there WILL make it perm :)

Certainly not as common as on the C band side but I have seen Cricket and English Soccer there in the last few months. They seem to like to encrypt feeds on the Ku side more than the C side.

I'm looking more often now than I have in the past now that I have a permanent dish on it.

What you need is a motor :)

Agree!

The channelmaster would be a pain to motorize (weight and location). I need a fixed dish at SBS6 (ONN now that the cable is disco'd; feeds). It just seems natural to try to add more LNBs to a fixed dish :)

Pas 9 and below are really the only KU stuff that may a universal.
I'll do some more testing when I get back from europe at the end of the month

sounds like what you really want is a torridial... a bit pricey at first but based on what I've read, if you want signals all the time and no waiting between satellites with a motor, I don't think there's any other options.

sounds like what you really want is a torridial... a bit pricey at first but based on what I've read, if you want signals all the time and no waiting between satellites with a motor, I don't think there's any other options.

That is what I may go to :) Sadoun is out and since they are a 10 min drive, thats who I'm going through for large items :)

The key for me is the Mini-BUD testing that I've been talking about for some 6 months :) :) (lazy ass). I've got a tripod now to test out front and a Chapprel C/KU LNB (that I will use a old analog rec to change pol) to surf around. Still need a proper scaler ring (hint, hint everone :) ).

When a get back, I'm going to start that and see which sats/channels I can get. Afterwards, I'll know whether to perm mount or motorize it (and which both will determine where on the property to place it).

On the other hand, Ill probobly need one perm KU for either SBS6 and G10 if i go with the Torridial

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)