Password Sharing may be over

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Did my monthly re-authorize my TV Everywhere apps on the Roku this morning and on the first one i did (Starz), right after I put the four letter code in at the website it went to a different link at Comcast ( and it was at Comcast, I checked ) then the normal log in,a adobe pop up, it wanted my info, 3 security questions and my phone number the account was registered to, entered the info and as soon as I hit next I get a phone call to confirm what I was doing, I confirmed yes ( hit #1 on the phone), Starz activated, went to my next one (FX Now) and it was already done, HBO,Showtime,ESPN, Food Network, etc, etc, all TV Everywhere apps were done.

I read something that Cable Companies was working with Adobe to make TV Everywhere apps easier to log in to, maybe this is it.

Edit, found the news story

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/20160614...-on-tv-everywhere-platform.html#axzz4DSTqNovX

Developed in collaboration, with Adobe, this new, non-proprietary industry standard features two key capabilities. Home-Based Authentication automatically signs in a user when in the home, and Single Sign-On asks a user to provide their credentials once to be signed in across multiple pay-TV and programmer-supported TVE apps, outside the home.

A+E Networks, AMC Networks, Comcast, Cox Communications, Disney/ESPN, Fox Networks Group, Mediacom, NBCUniversal, Scripps Networks Interactive, Turner and Viacom are among the CTAM member-companies supporting deployment in the next six to 12 months.

I don't have a home phone. My phone number registered is my cell phone. I can take it anywhere to register anything. Not sure how that makes it home-based. Note: I don't have comcast, so this hasn't happened to me, but I think people will find ways around it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)