Pat on the back for me and you

bryan92

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Statesboro, Ga
I am trying to sell an old receiver on ebay ( 4700 ). I got an email right off the bat about bypassing the auction. His first question was about rev and rom. I did a search on here and found that him being from Canada and those two words aren't good. He emailed me a second time and said that "was not a real popular card". I had enough and told him although I would love to take his $100 that I would rather not deal with a hacker. :clap

BTW Its possible this is in the wrong forum. I haven't posted in a while and things are a little different with the board.

I even remember reading this thread.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=5648&highlight=rev+rom

good job!

yep...easiest way to deter a hacker..

WILL SHIP TO US ONLY!! :D

I was selling a 3700 one time. Brand new in the package..never been opened..I even put in the auction "I do not know the smart card or R# as it is new in the box"

I got 3 e-mails asking for the ROM or the number on the back of the card or what color the card was

My response: Its a pretty card or "One you can activate on Dish"

But the US only stopped alot of it

I check the "Ships to US only" on all my auctions. I also put it in my descritions, as well. Yet, Canadians still bid AND win. It pisses me off, not only in regards to possible credit card fraud, but it's a pain in the ass to ship there.

If I check "US Only" , why does Ebay allow Canadians, with Canadian addresses on their accounts, even bid on them? There should be an automated disqualification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts