Patching up holes... Suggestions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Well, I am getting ready to move.. already packed up most of the FTA equipment, next thing is to take down the dishes..

My problem here is.. what is the best way to plug up the lag holes? I was thinking of using some slightly larger lag bolts,and putting some roofing caulk around them to seal them up.. but this seems kinda ghetto..

For those out there, how would you do it, if you wanted to make it look good.. I have 2 masts that are coming down, and I still have another set of holes from a 3rd mast that was there.

I am just hoping that I have as good view of the sky in the new place as I did where I am now... If I get get the Aniks, G10R, and T5, then I should be pretty much ok. All the rest is gravy.

I was looking at home depot, and I didnt see that product.. I ended up picking up some Roofing Caulk from DAP, but it seems pretty thin, that it would fall thru the holes.

At my mothers house, the DirecTV installer that relocated her dish used some grey stuff that is really hard, that nearly matches the roof exactly, but I have never seen something like that anywhere else...

I think Black Jack is a Menard's product :)

The stuff I use is real heavy and black. fills holes with no issues. i know Pete (PSB) had some stuff...maybe he can chime in :)

I use clear silicon, works good for me! I also use Black Jack for dark colored roofs!

I use expanding foam and then paint right over it. Bug & water resistant.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts