Pathway x2

campercarm

Original poster
Jan 5, 2008
I just purchased Dish pay as you go for my rv.
I purchased a Pathway x2 and a 211z receiver. Called dish and obtained the pay as you go package, it worked great even with local channels.
I liked it so much ,I just obtained a second 211z for the back tv on the coach.
The pathway supports two receivers.
But now here comes the rub.
If you set the programming for one receiver, you can select either the western arc or the eastern arc.
But with two receivers, no choice, talked with winegard and they lock you into the 72 sat. Come to find out, dish does not use that sat for locals, they use 62.5 sat.
Unable to get that on the x2 with 2 receivers only 72 sat.
I don't understand why dish only uses 62.5 and not all the satellites.
Called Dish , the rep said first can't have 2 receivers in an rv. When I asked about national ABC/NBC/CBS. They said no not offered only in locals.

Would like to see what other options out there .

Winegard pop out I beleive is the name of a great one. It looks like a regular dish, except it folds in and out and located the signal on it's own.

Unable to get that on the x2 with 2 receivers only 72 sat.
I don't understand why dish only uses 62.5 and not all the satellites.

The X2 only has one LNB, so it can only feed receivers the single stream from only one sat. If one receiver wants a channel on one satellite, while the other wants a channel from another, what's the X2 to do? So the limitation with 2 independent receivers is to lock onto only one satellite, that being 72.7. (This leaves out your locals, though.) The sat with the most national channels is 72.7. It's more spread out on 2 or 3 sats on WA, so that's why you can't use the X2 with two 211z's, and why it's restricted to EA.

The X2 can look at one satellite at a time, for both receivers. So, If one is looking at 72 the other must as well. Now if you want to look at 61.5 (yes it is 61.5) the X2 will find it when you are looking for your locals. Then, both receivers must look at 61.5 until it is time to look at a channel on a different satellite....

Called Dish , the rep said first can't have 2 receivers in an rv. When I asked about national ABC/NBC/CBS. They said no not offered only in locals.
Gee, I have a hopper and two Joeys, I think that is more than one receiver.

The problem with domes, any domes, roof or ground is that they are single LNBF which is severely restrictive for anything more than a VIP211. A good tripod, a couple of good tools and a ground tripod DPP 1000.2/4 is a far superior solution and not not as expensive.

I finally was able to speak with someone from Winegard , who told me to program the x2 for a single receiver. then connect the second receiver and share the same 62.5 to get the broadcast channels ( locals) .
I just need to do a check switch test on the second receiver if the fist moves to a different sat.
i tried that and i had both working with locals. Was able to even turn the first receiver off and still had signal and locals on the second receiver.
Going to give that a try and see how it works out.
Thank You all for your responses.

Spoke with a Winegard rep, she told me that I could program the antenna for a single receiver, have the eastern sat's and the locals.
Then add the second receiver, it will have the same access as the first.
Need to make sure both are connected to channels on the same sat.
I tried that and it worked.
going to go with that solution for now.
Only need the locals when i have poor over the air reception with my roof mounted antenna.
thank you all for your responses.

Gee, I have a hopper and two Joeys, I think that is more than one receiver.

The problem with domes, any domes, roof or ground is that they are single LNBF which is severely restrictive for anything more than a VIP211. A good tripod, a couple of good tools and a ground tripod DPP 1000.2/4 is a far superior solution and not not as expensive.

Using a manual dish certainly does remove all the limitations of a Tailgater, X2, or other single LNB dish, that's for sure. The person who gets a manual dish on a tripod does have to learn how to point it, though. And honestly, all Dish can do is give you some aiming angles for a Dish 500. Folks would be wise to use dishpointer.com and work on it. Not really anything a CSR (or even an advanced tech support agent) can do to help a customer point a manual dish.

We had the pointin angles for 1k.2 and 1k.4 but I agree. Dishpointer.com is more accurate and quicker, and easier.

I finally was able to speak with someone from Winegard , who told me to program the x2 for a single receiver. then connect the second receiver and share the same 62.5 to get the broadcast channels ( locals) .
I just need to do a check switch test on the second receiver if the fist moves to a different sat.
i tried that and i had both working with locals. Was able to even turn the first receiver off and still had signal and locals on the second receiver.
Going to give that a try and see how it works out.
Thank You all for your responses.
Originally my X2 would all me to tune to all three sats with my main receiver and then the second receiver could only see programming from the already chosen sat. The big drawback was when the main receiver changed the sat you had to do a check switch on the second receiver.

Recently a new firmware was pushed to all the receivers and now when you select 2 receivers the only option in the one sat. I would believe that this was a compromise to alleviate some of the tech support calls for those that didn't understand that the antenna only has one LNB.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I found it easy to point the 500. Now, rather than try to point a 1000.x, I'll go with an X2 or similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)