Patriot 2.8 meter C band dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I saw an ad for a new 8.5 foot patriot c band dish. I wasn't sure if this would be a good dish to get into C band. Is there enough C band channels out there that will make it worth buying a BUD? I have a perfect spot to put it. Is that a good enough size? I am interested in getting DMX and I want local news stations.

Patriot makes commercial dishes they are the best, what price are they asking for the dish

.....and I want local news stations
Very few, is any, Local News Stations up there.
You may catch a Live Remote feed, but those are usually Ku Band.

That aside, there is plenty up there to justify a inexpensive BUD and DVB-S2 HD Receiver, but it will not truly replace what's available through Subscription or OTA Antenna.

Have you been reading the C-band department since you joined?
Here is a typical thread about someone finding a used BUD and taking it home.

Is the Patriot new in the box, how new, recently taken out of service, to be delivered, do you get it installed for that price...
... or do you need to go harvest it, take it home, and install yourself?
Do you have any pictures?
All these things affect the price/value... even for what should be a very nice dish.

Have you been reading the C-band department since you joined?
Here is a typical thread about someone finding a used BUD and taking it home.

Is the Patriot new in the box, how new, recently taken out of service, to be delivered, do you get it installed for that price...
... or do you need to go harvest it, take it home, and install yourself?
Do you have any pictures?
All these things affect the price/value... even for what should be a very nice dish.
NIB, just have to take a trip to get it. I just don't want to setup a C band if the channel list is getting smaller.

NIB, just have to take a trip to get it. I just don't want to setup a C band if the channel list is getting smaller.

I have a Birdview 8.5 footer. Probably not too much different from the reception you would get from the 9 foot Patriot commercial. C-band programming comes and goes, but there is always something to watch. Although I have been concerned that fiber optic would start to grab programming away from satellite, so far that hasn't happened.

If there are programs you just have to get, no matter what - like a buddy of mine who loves to cook and has to get both the Food Network and the Cooking Channel - then true C-band Free to Air might not be for you. But if you like surprises, and don't get too upset when shows suddenly get encrypted, you will enjoy this hobby.

Right now, I'm enjoying in c-band, 87, 91, 99, 103 and 107 are a few. On the little dish side, I point my one meter dish at 101 and 125 mostly. To me this is a lot of programming.

The only other thing I would say is, the cost of the Patriot dish seems high. I got both of my big dishes (both spun, solid aluminum) free. Not to mention the fact that I put them both up alone. So I had little investment in construction. All my own labor. Not to mention that the dish is on the roof, so no ground space is being taken up.

Good Luck in your decision.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts