Pay Up Front

Jaeldawn said:
Well, I do understand this is a DISH forum, so I expect people to try and sway me to DISH. The house I am moving into now has a HughesNet satellite already cemented into the ground in the back yard. That would have been my first pick, because equipment is there, but they din't want to use that equipment with a new customer. I don't know anything about them, so I am a bit leery. I at least know DISH customers.

Hughesnet is for Internet service, not TV. The caps are so low you won't be watching much video on it.

For one TV, the Hopper may not be the best choice. You would get by cheaper with almost the same functionality with a ViP612.

Jaeldawn said:
I do want a DVR, and $10 a month is not bad in my opinion. I am just wondering if other providers charge additional fees for the DVR in addition to the monthly fee.

They all do. But you might get it down to $6 with a ViP612.

Your best bet would be to find a friendly local retailer, preferably one who sells Dish, DirecTV, HughesNet and WildBlue/Exede. Then ask all the questions you want, he/she will have all the correct answers.

1 tv isn't justified for the hopper or hr34 imo. I agree with Navychop about the 612, or even the 722.

I do want a DVR, and $10 a month is not bad in my opinion. I am just wondering if other providers charge additional fees for the DVR in addition to the monthly fee.
Again, yes they do..at various $ amounts.

1 tv isn't justified for the hopper or hr34 imo. I agree with Navychop about the 612, or even the 722.
I don't quite understand this. For 1 tv I should ask for a 612 or 722 DVR? Again, I am going to find a retailer, but I do like to know something about the technology before I pay for something so they don't try to sell me something I do not need.

The 612 can record 2 satellite programs and 1 OTA program at the same time. It has one output
The 722 can do the same thing (2 sat 1 OTA) but has 2 separate outputs (can run 2 TV's and watch different programs)

The 722K (note the K) you can add an OTA tuner in it and have 2 satellite/2 OTA program recording at same time...still 2 outputs

when i signed up for dish back in 08 i had to pay $150 upfront for 1 SD receiver and installation. i had directv before that and i had to pay upfront for them too. but, i did get my upgrade to HD for free from dish. and just for giggles awhile back i went to directv's website and i can get them for nothing upfront. i didn't have good credit back then but i do now.

The 612 can record 2 satellite programs and 1 OTA program at the same time. It has one output
The 722 can do the same thing (2 sat 1 OTA) but has 2 separate outputs (can run 2 TV's and watch different programs)

The 722K (note the K) you can add an OTA tuner in it and have 2 satellite/2 OTA program recording at same time...still 2 outputs

Adding to this for the op, the dvr fee is only $6 vs $10 with the hopper.

Now days more and more businesses are charging upfront before any work is done. There are too many people out there getting work doneand then never paying. We are starting to take the customer's payment before we do any delivery or installs. Dish has also been taking payments at the time of sale for over a year now. I know that some people do not trust many companies but these companies deal with way more people and get screwed over constantly. That's just the nature of business now especially with people stressing about the economy and not wanting to pay a bill. When our invoices get mailed out it's the worse time of the month, angry phone calls.

Dish uses your card for your credit check. If you don't want to give it, you pay up front. No leeway. Just the way it is.

They use your ss# & d.o.b. for credit check. The cc is also used for qualification & is kept on file for early termination fees & unreturned equipment even when autopay is not used. That is the reason for cc besides paying your 1st bill upfront before activation.

picture and sound stutter

Picture Calibration

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)