Payment for Referrals

Legibus

Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Ok I responded to Vooom's offer of free month of programming for referring new customers.

The customer I referred (in AZ) ordered the Voom service and was told he would have to wait 10 days for the installation. The day before his scheduled installation, he got a telephone call cancelling the appointment due to Voom's shootdown on April 31.

Ok all you internet legal beagels out there, does Voom owe me a credit, cash adjustment, refund for prevernting me to earn the free month service (or cash equivalent when I accepted their offer and got them a referral signup for service?

There must be others in this same situation, unless noboby else referred a new client to VOOM under this offer.

All thoughts on this issue will be appreciated while I am waiting for Installs Inc to deal with water damage inside my house due to faulty instakllation of my Voom dish (in two places no less by an Installer that I specifically rfequested never be sent out to my home again after his first abortive attemts while rolling his own cigarettes on the roof of my houise. :mad:

Legibus said:
Ok I responded to Vooom's offer of free month of programming for referring new customers.

The customer I referred (in AZ) ordered the Voom service and was told he would have to wait 10 days for the installation. The day before his scheduled installation, he got a telephone call cancelling the appointment due to Voom's shootdown on April 31.

Ok all you internet legal beagels out there, does Voom owe me a credit, cash adjustment, refund for prevernting me to learn the free month service (or cash equivalent when I accepted their offer and got them a referral signup for service?

There must be others in this same situation, unless noboby else referred a new client to VOOM under this offer.

All thoughts on this issue will be appreciated while I am waiting for Installs Inc to deal with water damage inside my house due to faulty instakllation of my Voom dish (in two places no less by an Installer that I specifically rfequested never be sent out to my home again after his first abortive attemts while rolling his own cigarettes on the roof of my houise. :mad:

Nope. They do not owe you a thing. Voom has always covered their rears with a disclaimer and a way out if things go south. They went, they covered, your not getting a thing. :smug

Are you sure?

The only writing I ever saw regarding the referral program was in an email Voom sent out and that had no details or conditions as far as I could tell and no escape clause in what I read. Was there something else I missed?

The free month of programming comes after your referral has been installed. Voom could tell you that the install never took place, so no dice. Best case--you get May programming for free, but it doesn't look good for THAT to happen. Probably not a battle worth fighting.

I've got it a little worse. I appeared in one of the informercials, with the promise of 6 months free service, back in September. The free service finally kicked in during February, so I'll still have 3 outstanding months.

hwyengr said:
I've got it a little worse. I appeared in one of the informercials, with the promise of 6 months free service, back in September. The free service finally kicked in during February, so I'll still have 3 outstanding months.

I think I can speak for many people here when I say, you're not out of luck. Worst case, When the May, june and July bills come, don't pay em. But I'm pretty sure that voom won't even send you a bill.

At least if it was my company, that is how I would handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)