PayPal Fraud Warning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
There has been a number of emails being sent to PayPal members that are a hoax. If it does not address you by your first and last name at the beginning of the email such as "Dear (Your Name)" then you will know that it is a hoax. Forward those emails to spoof@paypal.com to report them. Do not click on any links and give any information. I contacted PayPal and they said that they have been getting a lot of calls today regarding this. They may try to get you to verify that you have a new email address or that your account has been flagged or anything to get information from you.

It's called "phishing" and is getting very sophisticated. I've seen fakes purporting to be from Washington Mutual, Target, PayPal, and eBay.

Google "phish" and ignore the music references (at least for the moment - Phish is a great band) so that you can learn about the scam and how to deal with it.

Yes, unfortunately this is a problem that is not going away. Always check before giving personal info online.

Ebay has the same stuff happen

You can usually tell because when I get them, they have 3 or 4 names int he "to" spot...Why would Ebay or Paypal bulk e-mail?

I wonder if some of those IP addresses come from overseas or something to cover it up. I'm sure some would not be that stupid as to have it be from their actual home. They could even hijack someone else's wireless internet and hop on for all we know to conceal themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)