PBJ now on amc9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just watched Kid Power -- it's a 40 year old cartoon featuring a multi-cultural cast. It's extremely groovy:

Man the 70s looked fun -- sort of wish I was around for more than the tail end of the decade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched Kid Power -- it's a 40 year old cartoon featuring a multi-cultural cast. It's extremely groovy:

Man the 70s looked fun -- sort of wish I was around for more than the tail end of the decade.

You would have liked the 60's and the early 70's! That was when it was really happening!

I'm just spreadin' the love Man!

Like WOW man, such positive waves! OH! They come in so clear, man! It's a trip! Nawhh this can't be hapennin man! It's too cool! WOW!

Gotta have fun (DUDES) LOL!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...w-geosatpro-microhd-receiver-coming-soon.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LedUjMuTR7Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78&feature=related

RADAR

Last edited:
OK, so that wasn't really related to PBJ. I got caught up in a flashback from the 60's/70's! LOL Just look what cartoons will do to your mind!

Ha ha!

These are more appropriate for the thread theme...

Road Runner Show TV Theme Original Opening - YouTube

"The Flintstones" Opening - YouTube

THE JETSoNS Opening Theme - YouTube

Foghorn Leghorn Plop Goes The Weasel - YouTube

Scooby Doo Theme Song - YouTube

24th Century Part 2 - YouTube

RADAR

Now we're talking! I miss those cartoons! I'm over 50 so when I was little it was very common for them to run cartoons from the 30's, 40's and 50's too.
So there are cartoons that are now 60 and 70 years old that I still long to see again.
This new cr*p they make with computers? They can stuff it all right back up their computers.

It's too sterile looking. There's ZERO artistic value in any of it. There's zero art in any of it. It's garbage.
The Tom & Jerry toons of the 40's were gorgeous! The water color backgrounds and the cell art was magnificent! HUMAN hands did 100% of it.
From what I understand, men drew the outlines on the cells and women painted them in. Men totally dominated pretty much everything back then so it was amazing they let us do anything at all.

I went over to the Dark Side the other day (became a Dish customer) so I'm hoping to find some old REAL cartoons on there.

I love the old Harvey Toons on PBJ, I just wish they would play a lot more of them. Those are some of my favorites! I could do with some Felix the Cat toons too.
We didn't have a color TV until the 70's. My grandparents did though so I pretty much spent the entire 60's over there watching cartoons. Harvey Toons rocked my world! :heart

:D

Dee,

I was just trying to recall all of the cartoons that I used to watch. Gosh I miss being that young and watching these! Heh heh! Guess I am still watching them, just not as young! Well, young at heart still. There are some things in this life that no one should really ever outgrow.

Speedy Gonzales, Yosemite Sam, Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Tweety, Foghorn Leghorn, Peppy LePue, Marvin the Martian, Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Yogi Bear, Woody Woodpecker, Tom and Jerry, Rockie and Bullwinkle, Pixie, Dixie and Mr. Jinx, Snagglepuss, Auggie Doggie, Huckleberry Hound, Chip n' Dale, Donald Duck, Yakky Doodle and Chopper, Quick-Draw McGraw, Hokey Wolf, The Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote, Magilla Gorilla, Popeye, Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Archies, Wally Gator, Lippy the Lion, Sam the Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf and so many more!

Sam Sheepdog & Ralph Wolf - Woolen Under Where (1963) - YouTube

RADAR

Last edited:
Dee,

You are so right about the modern cartoons. They are so lame. There is no hint of the human touch there. No art and no class.
They aren't even funny. They are just animated soap operas. And what was that talk back when, when some folks said that OUR cartoons were too violent? Hmmph! Look at the cartoons now. Talk about violence will ya.

If you are interested, you can find hundreds of our old cartoons on YouTube. I thought I was just getting lucky to find a few sketches and clips for my earlier post, but I have been browsing around and there are hundreds and thousands of all the best ones that I remember. The whole cartoon, too, including opening and closing credits! I am kinda having a hay day downloading all my fav's! I am working on the Sam Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf cartoons (I loved these as much as I did RoadRunner and Wile E. Coyote).

Funny, I didn't think that these cartoons were that old when I was a kid. But, I look at the dates on some of these and they predated me by 10 to 20 and even 30 years. Some were from 1940 - 1950 - 1955 - 1960 - 1965! Jimminny Crickets! Some are indeed 70 years old now! That is amazing! And you know what? They are still the best there ever was and nothing can ever top them!

RADAR

Dee,

I was just trying to recall all of the cartoons that I used to watch. Gosh I miss being that young and watching these! Heh heh! Guess I am still watching them, just not as young! Well, young at heart still. There are some things in this life that no one should really ever outgrow.

Speedy Gonzales, Yosemite Sam, Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Tweety, Foghorn Leghorn, Peppy LePue, Marvin the Martian, Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Yogi Bear, Woody Woodpecker, Tom and Jerry, Rockie and Bullwinkle, Pixie, Dixie and Mr. Jinx, Snagglepuss, Auggie Doggie, Huckleberry Hound, Chip n' Dale, Donald Duck, Yakky Doodle and Chopper, Quick-Draw McGraw, Hokey Wolf, The Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote, Magilla Gorilla, Popeye, Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Archies, Wally Gator, Lippy the Lion, Sam the Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf and so many more!

Sam Sheepdog & Ralph Wolf - Woolen Under Where (1963) - YouTube

RADAR

Wow! That's a real blast from the past! Yep. I remember about 99% of those.. I wasn't exactly crazy about all of them but I watched them all none the less..

And yeah.. I miss being that young. And being that far away from death. When you're that young you're immortal, tomorrow is a Jetson's dream world, yesterday was the Flintstones and nothing matters except the moment.

Maybe that's why old folks like me love the old cartoons, we're trying to recapture THAT moment in time where nothing else mattered. Maybe if we watch cartoons 24/7 we will become immortals again.. :D

Hey, it's worth a try. Right? :rolleyes:

Dee,

You are so right about the modern cartoons. They are so lame. There is no hint of the human touch there. No art and no class.
They aren't even funny. They are just animated soap operas. And what was that talk back when, when some folks said that OUR cartoons were too violent? Hmmph! Look at the cartoons now. Talk about violence will ya.

If you are interested, you can find hundreds of our old cartoons on YouTube. I thought I was just getting lucky to find a few sketches and clips for my earlier post, but I have been browsing around and there are hundreds and thousands of all the best ones that I remember. The whole cartoon, too, including opening and closing credits! I am kinda having a hay day downloading all my fav's! I am working on the Sam Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf cartoons (I loved these as much as I did RoadRunner and Wile E. Coyote).

Funny, I didn't think that these cartoons were that old when I was a kid. But, I look at the dates on some of these and they predated me by 10 to 20 and even 30 years. Some were from 1940 - 1950 - 1955 - 1960 - 1965! Jimminny Crickets! Some are indeed 70 years old now! That is amazing! And you know what? They are still the best there ever was and nothing can ever top them!

RADAR

You're right. The Harvey Toons I grew up with that I loved so much, those were from the 50's mostly. Flintstones, Looney Toons, etc.. A lot of those were mid 50's and up but airing in the early 60's when I was little.
The GOOD Tom & Jerry toons were from the 40's and 50's. They changed hands and "artists" in the 60's and from there it went down the chute, rapidly. They had Tom and Jerry farmed out to a guy in Poland that didn't speak a lick of English.
He so called art work was so flat and one dimensional, it didn't even come close to qualifying as two dimensional. It was terrible. Somewhere along the way they had them make nice and the mayhem ended.
And Loony Toons came up with all the babyfied versions of their characters, I guess in the early 80's? By then I quit watching cartoons. I had kids a few years later and they started watching cartoons that were so stupid I couldn't stand to watch them so I just did my chores while they watched. Who has time to sit down when you have two kids?

New cartoons are just plain and simple cr*p... I hate that my daughter lets my grandsons watch that BS. But there's nothing I can do about it. They think it's great stuff. (I wish there was a 'vomit' smilie I could insert here.)

Oh yes, one last thing. Disney.. :mad:

Walt is spinning in his grave. We could hook a generator to his feet and power the world.

The old hand painted movies from the 40's - 60's were gorgeous.. 70's not too bad either. But from the 80's on, things got bad. And once they went to 100% computers, absolutely useless.
You couldn't pay me to watch a modern Disney (computer) animated anything. :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts