PBS 103w on Minibud

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
I installed a new C1WPLL replacing the BSC421 on my 1.2m fortec yesterday and am pleasantly surprised to be getting PBS HD and SD on 103w. Other cband channels on my minibud are good within almost a degree either side, but this one is pretty narrow. Still though it is coming in at 50-60% Q on both channels.

The other new channels on the Titanium C1WPLL are GetTV on 97w and both HD and SD channels of the Classic Arts. I'm pretty happy so far. My current receiver is an Alien2 and the Cband LNBF is a sidecar.

Positioning the conical scalar ring was very different than before. I reused the scalar ring and holder that came with the BSC421, but instead of the cone being at the very front of the LNBF, on the C1WPLL the cone is as far back as it would go against the mount. Quality doubled, which makes sense since it is likely seeing much more of the dish. I used Classic Arts on 91w to peak it and moving from the end where I got an unstable 4.7db of quality to over 9db on the Super Buddy.

Reactions: Titanium
Sure, will post some tomorrow.
Other new channels since putting in the C1WPLL are Movies! on 101w and GetTV on 97w
The sats I've scanned in are: 91,97,99,101,103,107,111,121

Reactions: Jason S
IMG_20140829_082649.jpg IMG_20140829_082955.jpg IMG_20140829_082638.jpg IMG_20140829_083003.jpg
Here are a couple of pics I took this morning. I am about to change my Ku SL1PLL to a SL2PLL today.

Pacific rim nice job on that setup I get about the same results or a little bit more. 99w has the best signal c band also use a butter lid for your scaler.

I had a margarine lid on it originally but wanted a clear view of condensation if there was any - which I've never seen.
What channels / sats am I missing? I wish I could get Nasa but I'll need a bigger dish for that.
I've also scanned in the mexican sats and 125w, but don't need to bother with the programming on those.

I got one Mexican sat at 116w 121w and 123w. I was just saying that you did a good job on your setup sometime check out mine.

Thanks Ray. It is motorized with a STAB HH120, but in those pics I was pointed to my due south at 125w on the Linear Ku. Yes, the Cband is a sidecar as is the Circular Ku on the other side.
The Cband sidecar is my longitude +8 degrees and the Circular Ku is -5 degrees. I found that the Cband made no difference as a sidecar whereas the Linear Ku really performed best in the centre. Circular Ku is also super strong as a sidecar, but I don't get any FTA channels except a few barkers.
Having 3 LNBs on the Fortec 1.2m has me thankful that I put the horizontal strapping and turnbuckles across the back to reinforce the strength of the sidearms. Previously it was sagging from its own weight.

Pacificrim...I've not seen the cband on the sidecar. I may try that, while I am waiting on another dish. Thanks for the inspiration.

Having a good sat meter has probably made the biggest difference in LNB positioning and peaking. Having a meter like a SuperBuddyS2 instead of using a STB at the dish is a major factor in peaking a dish. I also have an inexpensive FirstStrike FS1 which I think is pretty good for a hobbiest since it does show S2 signals just doesn't report a lock. Someone just gave me a WS-6906, which to me is the same as any cheap STB at the dish, just more convenient. My point is that a good meter will make it much easier to find good signals more quickly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts