PBS Ch.384

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdarcangelis870

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
What feed is the PBS on directv channel 384? Is it the national PBS X feed that you would get on c-band or is it a distant network feed from New York? I would also like to know if I would qualify for this channel at not extra cost while living in the Tampa Bay DMA.

The PBS DNS feed on 384 is the national feed. No, you do not qualify for that feed in the Tampa Bay area. The contract between D* and PBS is very specific. If a PBS station is available in your market, D* cannot sell the DNS feed to you. Oh, and the PBS DNS is $1.50 a month. Something's got to make up for the lack of beg-a-thons... er, pledge drives.

Or it is included as part of your locals if you don't have a local PBS station. At least that is what they are doing in my area

Yes the PBS station is the PBS X feed that is on C-Band (IA6 TP8 moving to AMC4 TP16)

As newshawk noted, its pretty simple. If there is a PBS station in your market, you CANNOT get the Nat'l PBS even if you dont subscribe to your locals

Also, it is included in the package. Mankato, MN has it in their "locals" package

Thanks guys. I called up directv and the lady told me I could file for a distant network waiver. She said it would most likely take 60 days to complete, so I just said forget about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts