PBS Clear Feed Moving

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PBSInfo

Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
PBS ANALOG CLEAR FEED FOR BACKYARD DISH USERS
WILL TRANSITION TO AMC-4 SATELLITE BEGINNING APRIL 1, 2006

Arlington, VA – On April 1, 2006, the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) will begin a two month transition that will move the PBS C-Band analog satellite service from the Intelsat Americas 6 satellite at 93 degrees West Longitude to its new home on SES Americom’s AMC-4 satellite located at 101 degrees West Longitude. The PBS program service on the analog C-Band satellite is required by Congress to be made available for users who employ “backyard dishes” to receive television programming for personal use. The two month transition, from April 1, 2006 to May 31, 2006, will provide identical program services on both satellites, allowing dish owners time to make technical adjustments needed for receiving the PBS program service from its new home on SES Americom’s AMC-4 satellite.
The C-Band Clear Feed from PBS has been on Transponder C-8 (Horizontal Polarity) of the Intelsat satellite for the past 10 years and that service will terminate on May 31, 2006. The PBS services on SES Americom’s AMC-4 will begin on April 1, 2006 on Transponder 16-C (Horizontal Polarity). The overlap of services gives users a two month window when the programs can be received from either satellite.
This change of satellite services is necessary because the lease for the current satellite capacity that PBS uses to distribute this program service expires on May 31, 2006. .
PBS is a private, nonprofit media enterprise that serves the nation's 348 public noncommercial television stations, reaching nearly 90 million people each week through on-air and online content. Bringing diverse viewpoints to television and the Internet, PBS provides high-quality documentary and dramatic entertainment, and consistently dominates the most prestigious award competitions. PBS is the leading provider of educational materials for K-12 teachers, and offers a broad array of educational services for adult learners. PBS' premier kids' TV programming and Web site, PBS KIDS Online, PBS KIDS Online pbskids.org, continue to be parents' and teachers' most trusted learning environments for children. More information about PBS is available at pbs.org, one of the leading dot-org Web sites on the Internet.

Lea Sloan, 703/739-5021, lsloan@pbs.org

Jan McNamara, 703/739-5028, jmcnamara@pbs.org
###

PBS C-Band Feed

Thanks Iceberg for passing this along. I watch PBS a lot and appreciate this information as well as all of the contributions you make to this site. I`ve learned a lot.....
Best Regards!!

When I was tinkering with my C-Band project I had that on...some good stuff so this helps me out too :)

Iceberg said:
When I was tinkering with my C-Band project I had that on...some good stuff so this helps me out too :)

You are no longer tinkering with C band ? :-(

Wyr

WyrTwister said:
You are no longer tinkering with C band ? :-(

Wyr

6" of heavy wet snow (and sleet/icepellets) Monday and 10" yesterday (fluffy)

I just got done shoveling the deck off and tomorrow I will be dumping a boatload of hot water in a spot so I can move the dish back to its spot (I moved it to the corner to protect it from the elements) and work on it this weekend

Haven't seen this one yet...issue was LOS (had a dish blocking T5, G3, T6 and G11). That dish is now down :)

Most PBS free digicipher feeds can be found on Telstar 5 currently. (ch's 600 - 611) One of the feeds is HDTV. All however are broadband and as clear as a bell!! Use a GI DSR920 or 922 or equivalent C/Ku receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts