PBS mux on 125W moving around...preparing for changes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg how good of a signal are you getting on the east, west, create channels? I'm only getting about 50% with the MHD. Since the switch, the signal on my 36" Prime* dish is nowhere near the 70% it used to be.

the 12180 mux?

today while it was raining...70/71
now that the rain is done..78

30" and Micro HD

Yurek99 said:
Is HD04 active? After changes, I'm not getting it. Blindscan does not help.

Yes but the signal on that transponder is is the weakest of the PBS signals.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys app.

The 12180 mux (which is DVB-S2) has the following in it

HD East
HD West
HD feed
SD feed
Create
World
V-Me (spanish)

Tweaked the dish a bit this morning and 12180 is now between 50-58% so at least its improved...Montana is watchable and OETA/Okla it's a hit or miss on the 36" dish here.

OETA is hit and miss....that is a known thing where the signal bounces more than the entire cast of Baywatch :)

Out of curiosity I asked someone at Oregon Public Broadcasting why they only broadcast 2.0 audio for programs that are now 5.1 after the AMC-21 changeover to MPEG4:

"We do not pass Dolby 5.1 audio. We have equipment limitations at our main studios in Portland so we cannot send out 5.1 audio until we have this equipment replaced. Right now we don't have any time line for that."

I normally only watch OPB for programs not on the satellite feeds so no big deal to me...

5.1 PBS programming is rare anyways.

Nothin' a little Dolby Pro Logic II can't fix...

5.1 PBS programming is rare anyways.
Nothin' a little Dolby Pro Logic II can't fix...

It's not like PBS shows action movies :)
I noticed the Motorweek has 5.1 sound, really? Motorweek? Why?

There was a Ken Burns show about WWII with 5.1 sound. It was pretty weird watching real black and white footage with studio produced machine gun fire and mortar explosions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)