PBS NET 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Is anyone getting any video and audio on this service..C-Band..G28/ 89 Deg...3754/4444 H 3/4.. I get great signal strength and the Ac3 audio displays..but no video or audio lately.. Thanks.

It was an occasional feed at best, I think. Now they have it slightly different for an HD version. I won't post it in this open thread, as per house rules. But, I'm sending you a PM, on the chance you have an HD receiver. If you don't have an HD receiver, they won't do you much good though...?

Is anyone getting any video and audio on this service..C-Band..G28/ 89 Deg...3754/4444 H 3/4.. I get great signal strength and the Ac3 audio displays..but no video or audio lately.. Thanks.

Just to add some to the other response, yesterday, the 4444 transponder was up, but it was just black screen. I was tuned in to the HD channel last night, and they had a pledge drive going on, so things might be confused during the money thing.

That HD channel had me really confused yesterday. Back in the summer, they had that channel up during the Olympic swimming trials, and I still had the freq/SR programmed into my computer, so when someone mentioned the signal was back up, I used that freq (even though it was then G26), and the channel popped in, using my TT3200 card. I then decided to program the channel into my Diamond 9000, and it couldn't see the channel??? This had me VERY confused, because the Diamond is much more sensitive than the 3200. I sat staring at the screen for about 45 minutes before I remembered that the 3200 has a very loose tuner, or perhaps it might be more accurate to say that the drivers apparently search around for a signal if it doesn't find the one you've keyed in. I've noticed before that it would go off freq by at least 20 MHz to find a signal. Anyway, sure enough the NET HD channel was now 10 MHz lower in freq than it was last summer, and this didn't bother the TT3200 at all, but the Diamond needs to be right on freq, or else it doesn't see the transponder. I had tried +/- 5 mhz, and it still didn't lock in, but going down 10 MHz, bingo, it locked in.
Anyway, just a reminder (to me at least) that some of these receivers (my Ultra is the same way) will lock on transponders quite a ways away from the true freq of the signal, while others need to be right on frequency.

on a side note Nebraska PBS has shut down most of their analog transmitters and are digital only

PBS member network NET Nebraska has already ended analog broadcasting at KUON/12 (Lincoln), KPNE/9 (North Platte), KMNE/7 (Bassett), KRNE/12 (Merriman), and KTNE/13 (Alliance), while KXNE/19 (Norfolk) is off the air for digital conversion and is expected to return as digital-only within a few weeks. All of those stations are operating digitally on their former analog channel. Analog stations KYNE/26 (Omaha), KHNE/29 (Hastings), and KLNE/3 (Lexington) will remain on the air until 2/17/2009 since their digital broadcasts will continue on their current channels: KYNE/17, KHNE/28, and KLNE/26. FCC filings also indicate NET translators in Beatrice, Benkleman, Falls City, McCook, and Pawnee City have been flash-cut to digital; NET plans to convert all of its translators to digital by 2/17/2009, though the federal deadline only applies to full-power stations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)