PBS on AMC3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I can't find any of the pbs stations on AMC3. Are they significantly weaker than the other FTA transmissions on AMC3? Is Montana stronger or weaker than the others? I cannot find any signal at all, quality zero :mad:

For me Montana PBS is at 32-42% and when rain it's no show.
I am in Montreal,QC,Canada using 76cm winegard dish guess it's just weak tp as everything else is pretty strong for me.

Tony :)

Rtpi

Montana PBS for me has been around a 45-48 here in Minnesota. The other TP’s (Patient TV, that weird guy with the zztop beard) come in pretty strong (90+)

When the rest of the PBS stations come in too weak for me to grab, I can usually get the Montana PBS station on AMC3 at TP 12164H. It's a great station too! Last night they showed the new Martin Scorsese movie on Bob Dylan. On the weekend I saw two great shows, one on the Grange Fair and the Red Green show which was really funny!. Try that TP, I think you'll like it.

DiscoLoveGrapes said:
The major exception? For some reason I was sitting around the other night trying to get The Safeway Satellite Network on AMC 1 to come in just right. I don't know why.

Another "looney" as I thought I was the only one who like watching the Safeway channel! They do have some interesting stuff on there from time to time - corporate reports, etc. That sat has always been hard for me to get...the skew is different I think. If there were more channels I may do a dedicated dish.

Iceberg said:
Rtpi

Montana PBS for me has been around a 45-48 here in Minnesota. The other TP’s (Patient TV, that weird guy with the zztop beard) come in pretty strong (90+)

Iceberg all other TP range from 45-90% and Patient TV is at 89-91%.
My lnbf is 0.5db would getting a 0.3db lnbf help out or should just pick up bigger disn(90cm).

I just upgraded from a 0.5 lnbf to a 0.3 Invacom. The Montana PBS increased considerably, from 30-35% to 45, while Patient TV went from 90 to 92. This is in Iowa with a 76cm dish.

I'm guessing a larger dish might give you more improvement than better lnbf would.

RtpiFan said:
Iceberg all other TP range from 45-90% and Patient TV is at 89-91%.
My lnbf is 0.5db would getting a 0.3db lnbf help out or should just pick up bigger disn(90cm).

I just checked over tyhe weekend with the 30"/.3

Patient/TIP TV is 99
Montana was around 50
PBS was around 49-52

This is with the Pansat 1500

I'm getting them at 55-60%, up from around 45. However, the Patient Channel is 70-80, which is lower than normal!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)