PC & CAM

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Varn

Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Mars
I've been looking into building an HD HTPC using an Atom/Ion base. My original plan was to just do ATSC/Blu-Ray with it, but then I stumbled into GenPix's Skywalker-2. It mentions DSS support.

I understand a separate adapter is required to hold the CAM. I also already own a copy of MyTheatre, and while I've not used it in some time (its probably been a year or two since I had my old WinTV Nexus-S hooked up--proper driver support is lacking for more advanced OSes such as XP-64), I used to be comfortable using it for general FTA use.

I saw the link above regarding DirecTV2PC, however that is not what I'm trying to accomplish. My goal is to get a setup that could be easily ran from a smallish set of solar panels. The Atom/Ion base is perfect, as it only draws max 30w even while playing a blu-ray. Adding the extra USB based Skywalker-2 wouldn't add much current draw either (max 35w). The 25.5" monitor I'm planning on using with this setup draws about 65w. I'd be looking at about 130w total power usage, which is far lower then DTR type laptops. Its about twice a "typical" laptop, but options exist to power those via solar, doubling that should'nt be too big of an issue.

Looking for a bit of feedback that could open this option legally. I'm not sure if that's possible, and if not, I'll forget it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)