PC card for Direct TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbn1

Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Santa Barbara
I am having a hard time finding current info on this. Does anyone know if I can buy a internal computer card that will recieve the Direct TV network signal? I would like to split screen my projector to 4 seperate TV signals and I assume I would need 4 seperate Direct TV tuners/recievers to do this. The best solution would be like the Ceton 4 tuner CableCard for cable TV companies.
I can do this with Cable but our provider wants way too much money to run the cable to my site. I am left with Dish or DirectTV as my only viable choices and would like any help from anybody on how 4 signals of these two companies services might be recieved and sent thru a computer (which I will build).
Thanks for any insight.

As it stands now, no. There is no PC card that you can stick an access card into and be able to watch DirecTV like that Centon card. Honestly I don't think there ever will be a 'legal' method like this. Since DirecTV has found a way to remain pretty much unhackable (and if it has been hacked, it's the best kept secret on the internet) for the past 8 years, I don't think they want to jeopardize their encryption system by allowing people to stick an access card into a computer.

You will have to use capture cards and 4 separate receivers to feed them.

As it stands now, no. There is no PC card that you can stick an access card into and be able to watch DirecTV like that Centon card. Honestly I don't think there ever will be a 'legal' method like this. Since DirecTV has found a way to remain pretty much unhackable (and if it has been hacked, it's the best kept secret on the internet) for the past 8 years, I don't think they want to jeopardize their encryption system by allowing people to stick an access card into a computer.

You will have to use capture cards and 4 separate receivers to feed them.

I read a story where a famed hacker in the UK got caught in a scam selling a fake hack for SKY service which uses a similar version of NDS Videoguard system said he was unable to break it figuring if he pre charged people for he have the money to run the cards though an electron microscope but even that lead to frustration.

One day I bet someone will figure out a way probably will end up being an insecurity on the reciever end that will give up the keys to getting access to the cards. But when they do after all these year they probably ready to push out a new verision of card if such a thing were to happen.

Oh I don't doubt in the least that there is a vulnerability, and the laws of probability dictate that most likely SOMEONE has already found it. But if they did, they're gonna keep it to themselves as long as they possibly can. Once it gets out, it's going to be Black Sunday and the Hu cat and mouse games all over again.

But DirecTV is definitely not going to put something that will at some point contain the decrypted keys into a computer, where you can do pretty much anything to brute force them out. That's how DVD, HD-DVD, and BluRay encryption was broken. They can do it with cable because cable is a bidirectional connection, and the cable company would know immediately if you are tampering with their cards. That's why digital cable hacking is basically dead. The only thing hackable is what's left of the analog cable systems.

Thanks everybody, that is what I thought. I was hoping that I could split screen 4 different football games like I can with four seperate cable tuners sent on to my projector from my computer. I now know I cannot do this with sattelite services but may be able to get 2 screens going with a picture in picture option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Old HR HR-10 Useless or Usefull?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)