PC to Receiver upgrade for traxis 2500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I have the proper RS-232 cable. According to DMSI, I need a standard male to female RS-232 Cable. I also have a null modem cable which can be used if I am doing a reciever to receiver upgrade. Does anyone have any experience upgrading the latest LEGAL software? I've tried following the instruction on DMSI, but I keep getting a connection failed message.

I'm using my old Compaq Presario 1260 laptop with windows 98. I may be a setting on my PC, so I'll keep trying until I can get more information. Any help is greatly apreciated as always.

If anyone with a Traxis 2500 successfully updates the pre-programmed satellite list, let me know. For now I am using the C-Band workaround mentioned in another post by Iceberg.

To recap what was mentioned in that post, if you do not have a C-band dish/lnb, you can select a C-Band satellite from the pre-programmed list of satellites, and manually enter a good KU band frequency, symbol rate, and polarity. Then move the dish east or west to the location of the satellite. You should be able to find a quality signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)