PCR Commander

PhuckNut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
That information is relatively useles...but thanks anyway.

The only other thing I can suggest is PCR COMMANDER. Its a free project, has a LOT more bugs than TimeTrax though. However, I must admit, Maybe the TimeTrax folks should take a look at hot to encode on the fly from them.

I am a customer of TimeTrax, feel its the BEST software out there. I don't know who was first to the game, but PCR COMMANDER IS FREE, and TimeTrax just went UP to 35$. Right now, both don't do the job all the well, TimeTrax does it better than the other one but if someone can release one for free right outta the gate, then I cannot see why TimeTrax HAS NOT released it yet.

Sorry - Ranting again. Just in DIRE NEED of the 3.0 version. I canot stand the long recordings getting totally destroyed.....and losing content always makes me mad.

Thanks for listening.. err reading.

Here is the main link:
http://pcrcommander.sarovar.org/

Be prepared for buggy operation. Its gotten to a point where it doesn't even start or launch anymore, and just hangs....

I really didn't mean to start spreading this information here in the forums...But if I had 3.0 I wouldn't be looking for replacements...which PCR Commander is not a replacement until they fix their bugs.

TimeTrax is still the best out there.

I appreciate the information. I like looking at alternate software for most anything. It's a shame that it isn't very stable. Competition is always good to encourage development. I see why Google didn't hit on anything. There appear to be no indexed references to the software as "PCR Commander" but only "PCRCommander".

I agree that TimeTrax is a good piece of software for the application... quite groundbreaking actually.

Edited to add: Why is it that the software will now not boot for you? I just downloaded the .22 version from this month and it's running just fine with my XMDirect and the interface I built for it. Does the program develop problems the longer you use it? Yes, the recording interface could definitely use some work but I'm actually having no problems using it.

I have abonded the PCR Commander until they release their next release, now we can see a tight stupid race from the people who charge for their software against someone who doesn't.

I have also discovered, that if you reboot your windows box, each time you're about to record long sessions for TimeTrax AND, AND, YOU MUST change the DIRECTORY for TIMETRAX to your windows temp. Like mind is:

C:\Documents and Settings\phucknut\Local Settings\Temp

I discovered, that this helps reduce the lag a lot more. Its not perfect, but its extrememly better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts