Peace Ele. Inc. Ku LNB - Made in Taiwan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftageekyyc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Anyone ever seen one of these puppies?

Either they are very rare/oddball or my google-fu is not very strong today, can't find anything about this unit when searching.
?
PeaceEleLNBvertical.jpg

Attachments

• PeaceEleLNB.jpg
    PeaceEleLNB.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 240
That is a new one on me too. I even tried some searching myself..;)...Nothing here either.

Thought I had one of everything in my sample collection, but not that one. Never have heard of the brand or seen this design.

Any history to share? Where did it come from? LO frequency?

I picked it up with my pile o dishes for 50 bucks deal. I can barely make out any spec info from the label.
?
I'm hoping to do some dish setup over the weekend. If I get another LNB with a similar throat mounted and aimed on a dish, I may swap it to see what happens.

?Probably can't hurt anything to unscrew the cover either.

Ok,

For those who like a mystery, more pictures below.

This is the best I can do with my eyeballs trying to read the info from the back of the coverplate.

PEACE ELE. INC.
Ku BAND LNBF
(DUAL POLARITY)
N.FL.0.?dB(TYP.) - 0.3dB maybe?
GAIN 55DB(TYP.)
S/N (all smudged out)
MADE IN TAIWAN

PeaceLNBfeed.jpg

?PeaceLNBinside.jpg

PeaceLNBchip1.jpg

PeaceLNBchip2.jpg

?

Nice pics, any other names visible inside? Maybe on the circuit board?

The last two photos were the only identifying info I could see inside. I think I'd have to get out the electron microscope to read anything off any of the other chips. Did not see anything legible on the circuit board.

I'll try it out this weekend and see if it works. If not, I'll dismantle it further.

Well, after doing some aiming experiments yesterday checking out dish locations I can report this unit still works.

I put this LNB on an old StarChoice 33x30 dish as a direct replacement after I had already scanned a sat and tuned a channel with the original CalAmp 150284.

I then used this LNB while doing some other aiming experiments and tuned Daystar on 123W.

The small chip with the three pins in one of your pictures, the 7805A, is a 5 volt regulator, the other one, BA10339, is a quad comparator, it samples inputs and turns on an output when there is a difference/match between inputs. That LNB looks old and built like a tank! Military maybe? Is there a number stamped into the metal behind the label, visible from the backside/inside of the cover?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)