Peaking a 8'-10'???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Splicer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
So just how does one peak a big ole C band dish??? I imagine different from the elliptical dish due to its large size???:confused:

It is an art!!

Done very carefully with small increments at the center of the arc and the outer ends.

Make certain your feed-horn/scaler rings point to the very center of the dish. Make certain that your f/d ratio on the LNBF is set correctly. Make certain that the Focal distance is set correctly.

Then make sure the dish elevation is at the proper angle for your zip code. Then measure the declination angle is set properly.

That is where you begin.

Then it is just fine adjustment of all of the above until you have your perfect signal. :D

Nothing to it!!

Hmmm First I'd say you align the polar axis to true south/north (azimuth). Then set the polar axis/elevation angle to the dish's latitude location (the two numbers are the same, latitude=elevation deg setting) , then decline the dish's angle (with declincation setting) to compensate for the non perfect half circle/ arc that the satellites all line up on.

Of course I made it sound easy :D

Edit to add: linuxman you answered near the same time i did, lol. Im not in any way "correcting" or "adding" to your post because it wasnt there when I clicked 'reply' to OP

In English please...:D
It is an art!!

Done very carefully with small increments at the center of the arc and the outer ends.

Make certain your feed-horn/scaler rings point to the very center of the dish. Make certain that your f/d ratio on the LNBF is set correctly. Make certain that the Focal distance is set correctly.

Then make sure the dish elevation is at the proper angle for your zip code. Then measure the declination angle is set properly.

That is where you begin.

Then it is just fine adjustment of all of the above until you have your perfect signal. :D

Nothing to it!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)