peaking info?

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Is there a thread, or site with some tips on peaking a 1000.2 dish with either a SSM22 (single meter) or Channel Master 1009(?) dual meter?
The techs that did my install just threw up a dish, plugged in the reciever, got the picture to come in & left. I called to see why I had no channels and the rep said give it an hour or more to load. So I called later and after an hour finally relized they had the wrong smart card # on the account :(
I was getting pixelazion & dropouts on some channels, so I went to the menu and see 110/119 at about 40-45, and 129 at 18-22. I should be able to peak those to much higher #'s, maybe in the high 80's or 90's (except maybe 129 as I hear it's falling.)
I have both a SSM 22 (eagle aspen version of the channel master) and CM dual meters, but never used them on a multiple lnb dish. I see I have 3 lnbf's, and only 1 cable running into the house, the other just goes to the ground block (BTW not grounded) and stops, no terminator, no coax seal.
Are there steps on what buttons to turn on to best peak the dish with a meter vs the receiver/tv meter?

Thanks

Is there a thread, or site with some tips on peaking a 1000.2 dish with either a SSM22 (single meter) or Channel Master 1009(?) dual meter?
The techs that did my install just threw up a dish, plugged in the reciever, got the picture to come in & left. I called to see why I had no channels and the rep said give it an hour or more to load. So I called later and after an hour finally relized they had the wrong smart card # on the account :(
I was getting pixelazion & dropouts on some channels, so I went to the menu and see 110/119 at about 40-45, and 129 at 18-22. I should be able to peak those to much higher #'s, maybe in the high 80's or 90's (except maybe 129 as I hear it's falling.)
I have both a SSM 22 (eagle aspen version of the channel master) and CM dual meters, but never used them on a multiple lnb dish. I see I have 3 lnbf's, and only 1 cable running into the house, the other just goes to the ground block (BTW not grounded) and stops, no terminator, no coax seal.
Are there steps on what buttons to turn on to best peak the dish with a meter vs the receiver/tv meter?

Thanks

connect the channel master directly to the LNB on the meter LNB port. press down the two buttons under the "signal" heading, and turn on the power button. you should hear the tone. adjust the meter gain until it is between "80-100" on the top scale, then twist your dish around to see if you can get the tone/needle to go higher. adjust the dish as necessary.

if your battery in your meter is dead, leave the meter power button off and connect the SAT Rx connector to your reciever. this should power up the meter.

really, you should call DISH and setup a trouble cal, since it was an incomplete install. if you fix it yopurself, you are letting the installer get away with it.

why in the world would you sign his paperwork and let him leave before your stuff was "working"?????????

silly silly you.

connect the channel master directly to the LNB on the meter LNB port. press down the two buttons under the "signal" heading, and turn on the power button. you should hear the tone. adjust the meter gain until it is between "80-100" on the top scale, then twist your dish around to see if you can get the tone/needle to go higher. adjust the dish as necessary.

if your battery in your meter is dead, leave the meter power button off and connect the SAT Rx connector to your reciever. this should power up the meter.

really, you should call DISH and setup a trouble cal, since it was an incomplete install. if you fix it yopurself, you are letting the installer get away with it.

why in the world would you sign his paperwork and let him leave before your stuff was "working"?????????

silly silly you.

I did call, and they have a tech scheduled for Fri :( so 2 more nights of non or partial recordings. I wanted to at min peak enough to stop the dropouts.

As for the paper work, it was 'working' we were watching 5710 Test HD channel, as well as a few others. After 3hrs of a simple install (pole & mount all ready installed & plumb, coax run into the house) I needed to go to work myself so was almost in as big a hurry to get rid of them as they were to get outta here. :(

It wasn't until I tried to watch something later I noticed I had no programming other then the free channels.

I did call, and they have a tech scheduled for Fri :( so 2 more nights of non or partial recordings. I wanted to at min peak enough to stop the dropouts.

As for the paper work, it was 'working' we were watching 5710 Test HD channel, as well as a few others. After 3hrs of a simple install (pole & mount all ready installed & plumb, coax run into the house) I needed to go to work myself so was almost in as big a hurry to get rid of them as they were to get outta here. :(

It wasn't until I tried to watch something later I noticed I had no programming other then the free channels.

bummer. well, give peaking a shot and see if it helps. chances are that all the trouble is with 129 so be careful, you could lose it altogether.

personally, i use a 3 seperate lnb rig (3 - DP Duals on a W-bracket) to dial in my 1000.2 dishes so i can optomize that dish on 129. 119 and 110 then just follow along.

good luck with 'er.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)