Peaking satellite dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
I have a Dish300 (pointed at 61.5) with a DP Dual LNB output to a Dish500 with a DPP Twin. I've noticed that my signal strengths are not what they used to be and I'm getting occasional picture breakups on clear days. I'd like to try to repeak the dishes but I'm not sure what I would need.

I used to do all of my own installs but I'm guessing I've forgotten a lot.

Are those cheap satellite single meters on ebay helpful? I'm guessing it would be OK for the 61.5 dish since it's a single sat location but I'm not sure about the 110/119 slots. Would I just hook the meter to the 119 side of the LNB and peak it, and then peak the 110 and bounce back and forth between the 2 until they were both where I wanted them?

Is there an easier way outside of hiring someone? My receiver is nowhere near the dishes so using the receiver's point-dish screen isn't going to work.

Thanks for any insight!

For the price you would have to pay for a meter, you're better off calling a local retailer to repeak both dishes. And to be honest, most meters that I know of will NOT work with the DPP Twin. I usually end up using a DP Dual to peak on the 119, and then swap out said LNB with whatever LNB is needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)