Peaking Signal, Help needed!

mcasdorph

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
WV, USA
I have noticed that my HD signal has faded and that overall my signal on 110,119 & 129 have all lowered, We had a ton of snow in mid-Feb (8" +/- multiple times), then a lot of rain, then in early March some 10"-14" more snow and then melting and rain, I have my Dish mounted to the post on my porch, I think with the constant saturation that the posts are settling and out of alignment screwing my signal up.

Anyway, I was wondering what are the best Transponders for peaking the dish? Its a turboHD w/ 110w, 119w, 129w.

I need the transponder for each sat.

Thanks for the information & quick reply, I used my digital signal meter, I guess it was off on elevation, I adjusted it and all are a lot higher now.

This was installed by me not a dealer, I bought my equipment from an online authorized retailer, it was only a temporary setup until we tear the house down, I didn't see any point in putting it on the roof or what not considering the house would be demo'd.

I have noticed that my HD signal has faded and that overall my signal on 110,119 & 129 have all lowered, We had a ton of snow in mid-Feb (8" +/- multiple times), then a lot of rain, then in early March some 10"-14" more snow and then melting and rain, I have my Dish mounted to the post on my porch, I think with the constant saturation that the posts are settling and out of alignment screwing my signal up.

Anyway, I was wondering what are the best Transponders for peaking the dish? Its a turboHD w/ 110w, 119w, 129w.

I need the transponder for each sat.

You should move to Minnesota, I think you guys had more snow this past winter than us!. No snow issues here cause we hardly had any! :)

You should move to Minnesota, I think you guys had more snow this past winter than us!. No snow issues here cause we hardly had any! :)

Haha, Definitely the most snow I remember seeing, I heard someone say 1993 Blizzard had more, but I swear it didn't seem like as much as we had this last one. I guess Winter had to stick it too us at the end after what seemed like a mild winter.

Lol. Haha. Flagstaff? We don't accept them. They are like our red headed step child. Jk. Yes it snows in flagstaff, and even on the borders of Tucson. The majority does not though, as we grow citrus and other gardening year round.

This was installed by me not a dealer, I bought my equipment from an online authorized retailer, it was only a temporary setup until we tear the house down, I didn't see any point in putting it on the roof or what not considering the house would be demo'd.
One of the nice things about doing a proper pole mount is that you don't have to take down the dish since it isn't attached to the house.

Reactions: mcasdorph
One of the nice things about doing a proper pole mount is that you don't have to take down the dish since it isn't attached to the house.

I have 14 acres, I probably wouldn't rebuild where the current house is anyway, too close to the road, I would have to move the dish anyway or I probably would have mounted it on a pole in the yard...lol

If you want to try and peak, is there a step by step process for those three TP's, as one before the other?
You peak starting with careful setting of the dishpointer.com elevation and skew based on your actual dish location. Then you start working on the azimuth using the center slot of your arc (either 72.7W or 119W). I usually stop there but you can spend hours fiddling if you want.

Reactions: ChadT41
Cool, this is what it worked out to:

Your Location Satellite Data Dish Setup Data
Latitude: 30.5840°
Longitude: -88.2364°
Name: Dish 1000.2 (110W, 119W, 129W)
Distance: 37694km
Elevation: 41.2°
Azimuth (true): 229.5°
Azimuth (magn.): 231.3°
Dish Skew [?]: 130.9°
arrow-r.png

Cool, this is what it worked out to:

Your Location Satellite Data Dish Setup Data
Latitude: 30.5840°
Longitude: -88.2364°
Name: Dish 1000.2 (110W, 119W, 129W)
Distance: 37694km
Elevation: 41.2°
Azimuth (true): 229.5°
Azimuth (magn.): 231.3°
Dish Skew [?]: 130.9°
arrow-r.png

How I always done it was setting the dish to 119 first with Elevation and Azimuth set, peak 119w, then all you do is skew for the other two sats and kinda even out the other two (110 & 129) because if you try to peak 110, it will effect 129 and vice versa, so its best to try to balance 110 & 129. I've always had great results doing it this way, doesn't hurt to have a signal meter either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts