Pease Help ! OpenBox S9 dead when I did: Default Settings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

electronmini

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Now back in Texas
I used the menu for my one year old OpenBox S9 and used to "default settings" and the box now boots and comes with: inverted capital U and the letters"oCH"

The HD TV screen shows the message: :Format not supported" and I cannot get anything else.

I read the thread:"http://www.satelliteguys.us/248448-u...ng-help-2.html" and downloaded the files but I do need more detail since I have not done any downloads or updates of software on the OpenBox S9.

I need something like a very specific instructions since my last downloads were on updating files on a Captive WOrks satellite receiver 3 or 4 years ago.

Maybe there are some threads with more specific instructions but I was unable to find them on my search here.

I am using satellite digital programing for FTA on 123 W. Every else should be OK here since the only mistake was the selection on the OpenBox S9 for the default settings.

Please help......thanks

I used the menu for my one year old OpenBox S9 and used to "default settings" and the box now boots and comes with: inverted capital U and the letters"oCH"

The HD TV screen shows the message: :Format not supported" and I cannot get anything else.

I read the thread:"http://www.satelliteguys.us/248448-u...ng-help-2.html" and downloaded the files but I do need more detail since I have not done any downloads or updates of software on the OpenBox S9.

I need something like a very specific instructions since my last downloads were on updating files on a Captive WOrks satellite receiver 3 or 4 years ago.

Maybe there are some threads with more specific instructions but I was unable to find them on my search here.

I am using satellite digital programing for FTA on 123 W. Every else should be OK here since the only mistake was the selection on the OpenBox S9 for the default settings.

Please help......thanks

If u connected via HDMI you will get that if u went to default settings. Connect it via composite cables (yellow red white) and change the settings in TV Systems to 720p or 1080i and you will be back up via HDMI.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Please help......thanks

the receiver went back to Pal settings. If you are using HDMI some TV's will support it while most wont. If you can use component (r/b/g) that usually can help. I know someone posted bigger instructions on how to do it but if you have a v-format button hit that until you see a picture on the screen.

Inverted U and oCh = NoCh, as in all sat info erased.
To get out of Pal mode
If FW is PAL Default (no picture)

S9 FW Menu items vertical on left

Step (1):
MENU,
DOWN(Twice),
ENTER,
DOWN(Once),
ENTER,
LEFT(or Right)* until picture appears
.(*Do not hold. Press and release, wait a few seconds, Repeat)

S10 FW (Menu items horizontal across top)(DEEP_ _ which is S10FW modded to also work on the S9)

Menu - right 2 times - OK - down - right, wait, repeat until video appears.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)