Pegasus conversion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvrep

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
AHHH!!! I forgot to post this yesterday. Just to let all you Peg customers know... you don't have to convert. No paperwork, no calling and being hassled... no special numbers to worry about. DTV is taking care of all of that for you :D . We started getting the accounts ready 2 days ago and look to transition almost all of the Peg customers over by the end of September. We just have to hear back from Peg's bankruptcy court decision before the transition takes place.

Be assured, if you've already sent in the paperwork... we'll contact you for the conversion before the mass transition goes through.

DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com

Changes?

The only changes that you should expect will be in pricing. In almost EVERY situation, the pricing will go down. As per the DNS, you aren't technically moving, however the local networks may check to ensure that DTV has the correct waivers on file ( they will be transfered from Peg's d/b to DTV ) before broadcasting signal. They have the right challenge the broadcast or any waivers that they have previously granted at ANY point in time.
You should notice no changes in programming at all.

DTV Res Spec

I sent my papers in the first week they started and never heard back. just bought a hd setup and all i can say is they better give me a deal money back or free programing I have been getting screwed by peg all these years. I have been with directv "peg" since day 1 they owe me.

Have not been impressed with the "timely" conversion"

Any idea when those of us that used to be in Pegasus areas will get access to the websites account management and ppv ordering by remote? thanks

JustinK said:
Any idea when those of us that used to be in Pegasus areas will get access to the websites account management and ppv ordering by remote? thanks

Since you need a DTV account # for the website. I closed my Pegasus account and reopened a DTV account.

directvrep said:
however the local networks may check to ensure that DTV has the correct waivers on file ( they will be transfered from Peg's d/b to DTV ) before broadcasting signal.

What exactly does that mean?! I switched to being a DirecTV customer on Thursday, and my DNS is still up on the guide... does that mean my DNS has already switched over, or are they still in limbo?! The reason I ask was because of the way Pegasus has "treated" my waivers were not exactly handled the way they should have been (and would have been by DirecTV). Also are you trying to say that now that I'm a DirecTV customer, they will notify my local networks that I have switched over, or what?!

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
What exactly does that mean?! I switched to being a DirecTV customer on Thursday, and my DNS is still up on the guide... does that mean my DNS has already switched over, or are they still in limbo?! The reason I ask was because of the way Pegasus has "treated" my waivers were not exactly handled the way they should have been (and would have been by DirecTV). Also are you trying to say that now that I'm a DirecTV customer, they will notify my local networks that I have switched over, or what?!

~Alan

Just because it is in the guide does not mean that you still get it. If the channels are actually showing up and not telling you to call cust service, then you still get the signal. It just means that ( as always ) the local affiliates may challenge any waivers that you currently have. With the conversion they may be paying a little more attention to the waivers being xfered to ensure it is properly processed.
~~ If you have a station that you don't have a waiver for, of if you "moved " into a white area... then you might get caught and the signal will be challenged and disconnected.

DTV Res Spec

( no final date on web access or IPPV, if you call in for IPPV ~ remote order ~ then the CSR can not charge the phone transaction fee due to the peg conversion.... for those of you who have disco the old account and just signed up under DTV {gully360}.... the trans fee will be applied. )

directvrep said:
Just because it is in the guide does not mean that you still get it. If the channels are actually showing up and not telling you to call cust service, then you still get the signal. It just means that ( as always ) the local affiliates may challenge any waivers that you currently have. With the conversion they may be paying a little more attention to the waivers being xfered to ensure it is properly processed.
~~ If you have a station that you don't have a waiver for, of if you "moved " into a white area... then you might get caught and the signal will be challenged and disconnected.

The fact of the matter is, before I was a Pegasus customer, I was a DirecTV customer (signed up in '94), and no, I didn't move, I just stopped getting a DirecTV bill and started getting a Pegasus bill. In '94, I signed up for PrimeTime 24 and when PrimeTime 24 went away, I lost NBC and FOX, but kept ABC and CBS. In 2000, we replaced our broken receiver with two receivers, and Pegasus said we had to reapply for waivers for ABC and CBS, so we did and had no problems getting ABC as it was turned on the next day. We lost CBS however. A year later, one of our new receivers broke (I've had bad luck with RCA receivers), and when we got a new one, we had to reapply for a waiver for ABC. Again it was granted.

Last year I decided to ask Pegasus to reapply for a waiver for CBS for me. They told me they couldn't do this as I didn't move, make a change to my account, etc. I spoke to the woman for a while about how I was pretty sure that I could reapply for a waiver, and she kept telling me I was mistaken. A few months later we got a letter from Pegasus telling us that our request for a waiver for ABC and FOX has been turned down... this was odd as we never asked for ABC or FOX. I then contacted our closest ABC affiliate, and their engineer replied back to me telling me that he never remembered getting my request for a waiver (although that could have been due to the account not being in my name), but that he said that it was his policy to grant waivers for those outside their DMA. I later find out that I'm within the Grade B coverage area of another ABC affiliate some 70+ miles away from me, so I'm assuming it was them that turned down Pegasus's waiver request. However, since that time (and even now that I'm with DirecTV) we still have ABC.

My question was not rather so much that the affiliates might challenge, but DirecTV?! I'd hate to lose the only network I watch simply because of the "goof-ups" that Pegasus has done with my DNS.

~Alan

Waivers

If you have the DNS feed right now, unless an affiliate challanges you... you'll keep what you have.
No worries... Peg screwed up a lot of people. Don't feel alone or left out if you haven't been screwed over by them... It's bound to happen before you leave them.

DTV Res Spec

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)