Pegasus Opposes D* Use of 72.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
This is an interesting strategy. It could well be said that anything that makes it easier to add small maket locals is good for Pegasus subs. Is Pegasus playing a game of chess here?

http://www.skyreport.com/#Story2

Corporations are like people( and in some respects they are "people"). Their primary purpose is survival. However given what they are supposed to be doing this does does raise some issues about priorities.

Geronimo said:
Corporations are like people( and in some respects they are "people"). Their primary purpose is survival. However given what they are supposed to be doing this does does raise some issues about priorities.

I understand why they don't die, but Pegasus owns quite a few TV affiliates scattered throughout the country, among (I believe) other things, including working on future projects such as Wireless Internet. That's all good and fine, but I wish they would cease to exist as a DirecTV "partner" as the whole idea of being "FORCED" to go through a company (Pegasus) to get services from a completely different company (DirecTV). The idea that my boss in a neighboring county gets a cheaper bill for his services than I, doesn't make sense to me. I would think the government would go after such a deal that would force higher prices on customers in rural areas over cheaper prices for customers in metro areas (Of course, that doesn't always work as my boss's county is a more rural area than mine...). I figure the government can say, "if you don't like the price", you can switch to Dish Network or cable". I know quite a few people that cable is not available to, and though we have given thought to switching to Dish (Pegasus, Superstations, HD, SuperDISH, DVRs, and the possibility of locals this year, which looks to be happening in the next month or two, etc, etc, etc.), we are extremely pleased with DirecTV and decided not to switch. My last encounter with Pegasus was pleasant and I did not mind talking to them, but almost every other encounter was horrible, the extra charges are ridiculous, the fact that we are not able to go to DirecTV.com and change our programming if we want to, and have to spend 15-90 minutes on the phone to change the programming, the fact that I was not eligible to add a HD receiver at the discounted price that DirecTV was offering simply because I live in the wrong location, even though I have been a DirecTV customer since '94.

It's just a stupid deal for those who are happy where they are, but are not happy with the situation.

I'm tired now, thankfully it's almost quitting time and I can take a nap! :)

~Alan<~~~~~~~Who knows how venting can take a lot out of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)