Perfect Vision Quad RG 6

telectric

Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
Does anyone know about Perfect Vision Quad RG6? Is it a quality cable? I am looking to run coax in a hotel remodel for digital cable and Pay-Per-View applications. Thanks.

I haven't had any direct experience with Perfect Vision products but there are a few thing you can look at for any cable type.
The percentage of shielding is important, with quad it should be 100% regardless.
The frequency rating for the cable as swept tested. The higher the better, however you may not actually require 3ghz cable. Something in the 2250mhz range would probably be more than enough for digital cable and PPV.

Thanks for responding mudder, this Perfect Vision RG6 is quad and it is swept to 3.0 GHz so I guess that's all one could ask for. I hadn't heard of or seen Perfect Vision coax prior to this (I have usually worked only with Commscope) and wanted to make sure it was a reputable name. And thanks Mike for assuring me that you have worked first hand with this brand and found it to be a quality product. I am looking at pulling around 14,000 feet of coax and don't want to end up having to repull for any reason.

You probably will be better off in the long run with Belden or Commscope. A lot of guys I talk with lately are reporting problems related to the Perfect Vision cable. Tolerances on the Chinese made wire do not seem to be within specifications. Insertion losses have been higher than the specs state and voltage drops are also higher. Use a high quality solid copper cable with a low DCLR (Direct Current Loop Resistance). You and your customer will be much happier.

I once read, on here, people complaining about Perfect Vision. They were only saying that it did not work well outside because the jacket would crack.
They did mention that Perfect Vision's UL listed cable was better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts