Perry mason

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
How does the the D.A keep getting reelected if he loses to Perry mason every time. How big is that loss record?

Most new TV today offends me, I just don't watch, problem solved.

Ok, back to the topic:

I'm watching Perry Mason right now on MeTV on 101W.
What a coincidence.
It does not happen to one of the three he lost, that would have been excellent.

One of the OJ Simpson prosecutors was asked by a reporter why they became a DA.
They mentioned Hamilton Burger as an influence. The reporter remarked about Burgers bad record.
I wish I could remember the response.

That show officially got the boot yesterday because of a flag on the roof.

http://tvclassicsrus.blogspot.com/2015/06/tv-land-pulls-dukes-of-hazzard.html

Somehow its worse than Hogan's Heroes and the Nazi flag? WTF?
I knew that was going to happen.

Sad to hear, but I'm not surprised either... I wonder how long that 70's Burt Reynolds movie with the 6.6L T/A can continue to be shown...

Back to the subject: Maybe the twist in plot was the main subject and the poor performance of the D/A was second to the story? I really got into Foyle's War (BBC show on PBS) just because of the twist in the story.

You guys forget. Burger didn't really "lose", because the people Mason defended were NOT GUILTY!

Why would he want to win if the person wasn't guilty in the first place???

And for Burgers record to be that bad he would have to only prosecute cases that Mason defended. It would be unrealistic to think that way.

I never watched Perry Mason until RTN, (RTV?) aired them about 7 or 8 years ago and I really looked forward to watching all the episodes. I just started watching again recently. The plots were always keeping me guessing with the surprise twists.

Reactions: fred555
Tonight on Perry Mason is one of many episodes without Burger.
William Talman (Burger) was arrested at a Nekkid party where folks were smokin the weed.
He was fired then later rehired.

Talman was fired from Perry Mason for a short period in 1960. Sheriff's deputies, suspicious of marijuana use, raided a party on March 13, 1960, in a private home in Beverly Hills at which Talman was a guest.[6] The deputies reported finding Talman and seven other defendants either nude or semi-nude. All were arrested for possession of marijuana (which was later dropped) and lewd vagrancy, but municipal judge Adolph Alexander dismissed the lewd vagrancy charges against Talman and the others on June 17 for lack of proof. "I don’t approve of their conduct," the judge ruled, "but it is not for you and me to approve but to enforce the statutes."[7] Despite this Talman was fired by CBS which refused to give a reason.[8] Talman was later rehired after Perry Mason producer Gail Patrick Jackson made a request to CBS following a massive letter-writing campaign by viewers.[9]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts