Person of Interest

I just hope we have an end to this exhausting, tedious, and boring Samaritan vs The Machine story line.
I like the Elias vs Brotherhood storyline.

I don't mind the idea behind the Samaritan vs The Machine story line...except I feel the writers/producers screwed-it up (too much, too soon, too in your face) that it's hard to back off and put the AI back into the CPU, so to speak. To be honest, I wouldn't object to seeing the team pull-the-plug on the Samaritan --along with taking-out that POS Mi-6 old codger--and Elias and the Brotherhood mutually destroy themselves. Yes, and Root and her lover can run off to the Bahamas or eat a bullet. In other words, clean-the-slate and come back fresh next season.

Thoughts?

I like Elias and they don't overuse him. The brotherhood is expendible. Root is evolving and I think they could do new things with her. They need a new scoobie to replace Carter/Shaw, and I don't mean Root.

There will be a new super villian next season or it dies.

Agreed, Root has evolved nicely. They have had a couple possible Shaw temporary replacements in the mix. With only one episode left I doubt the Samaritan storyline will be concluded this season.

Wouldn't be too sure. That's what critics were saying about the HR storyline last season.

I think you'll find a resolution -- but with a bizarre twist.

Wow! A lot of interesting developments (won't go into detail for those who haven't seen this episode yet) and, more importantly, a fair number of questions that will need to be answer this Fall. It looks as though Summertime will be spent raising the baby.

Welcome to the machine. Ha, I listened to that album a couple nights ago.

Seems to me we are pretty much back where we were at the beginning of this season, minus a couple crime bosses.

Welcome to the machine. Ha, I listened to that album a couple nights ago.

Seems to me we are pretty much back where we were at the beginning of this season, minus a couple crime bosses.

While I'm 100% certain The Brotherhood has been laid to rest, I'm not entirely sure Elias was killed while sitting in the car. We shall see.

Reactions: jayn_j
I commented on that to my son when we watched it. They are definitely keeping options open.

It's funny because a couple weeks ago I mentioned they should clean house (Elias, Brotherhood and Samaritan and Evil MI-6 guy) and they may have done that. I'm just wondering how the team will survive their shootout at the OK Corral against superior firepower? We shall see.

CBS announced their fall schedule today and Person of Interest is listed as returning mid-season. :thumbdown I presume that must mean the end is near.

Edit: CBS only ordered 13 episodes. Apparently the show is owned by Warner Bros instead of CBS so I suppose it could turn up again elsewhere.

CBS announced their fall schedule today and Person of Interest is listed as returning mid-season. :thumbdown I presume that must mean the end is near.

Edit: CBS only ordered 13 episodes. Apparently the show is owned by Warner Bros instead of CBS so I suppose it could turn up again elsewhere.

Well, that will take the show to 103 episodes and it will certainly start showing up in syndication. POI has been one of the best shows on TV for the past few years, but the format is getting a little out-of-control this year. I guess we'll see what happens.

This upsets me. This is a really entertaining show and deserves a full season.

This upsets me. This is a really entertaining show and deserves a full season.

CBS is a victim of its own successful. They have routinely cancelled popular shows if, after the first season, they don't envision it surviving 100-episodes and moving into syndication. They also play hardball with shows purchased from by studios such s Warner Bros. in favor of those owned by CBS. While I can understand this bottom line thinking, they regularly terminate some fairly popular shows...and they usually make it unmarketable to other networks by ordering a short 13-episode season and moving it o the summertime and/or moving them to Sunday night at 10:00 following football so the times vary wildly. Such is life.

I was going to stop watching Person of Interest, but with only 13 episodes left in it's existence, I'll stick around. Just like CSI, the writing is on the wall, there is no doubt in my mind that there is a 100% chance of cancellation after it's 13 episode run.

Man, CBS is burning it off fast.!! Three eps this week. Still the Samaritan BS. Only hope is if Shaw makes it out of captivity. Five more, (two weeks, my guess, With what little is left, I will witch to the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts