Person of Interest

Fredp, Jim Caviezel is a better actor than you give him credit for. (You can even find plenty of photos of him smiling!) It's his character that is portrayed as being robotic. But we know his dispassion is just a shield -- after all he and Shaw were trained as killer machines by the U.S. government -- and now the government is forced to confront what a true machine killer is. Very subtle but effective, IMHO. As far as Root is concerned, she is very complex, and her character is beginning to be developed in an intriguing way. I wouldn't give up on this show by a long shot.

We now have at least a partial answer about what happened to Shaw. I'm confident the storyline will be resolved after her pregnancy. I do however hope this doesn't turn into an ongoing 'the search for Shaw' show. Hopefully the new female cop will be a regular now.

I am so BORED out of my skull with this AI war. I HATE this arc! I want my OLD PoI back! This last episode was so TEDIOUS and UNINTERESTING that I lost track of it!

o_O The war between The Machine and Samaritan was always the destination of the story. It is the show.

I don't believe that this was what was meant on season 1 ep 1.
No -- but I think the producers quickly realized that the original premise, if left alone, would be repetitive. (How many times can you watch John shoot someone in the knee?) IMHO it takes imagination and creativity to develop a kernel into a juicy ear of corn. There's now far more tension in each episode than there used to be, and that tension has distinguished the best shows on TV: Breaking Bad, The Americans, etc.

BTW, I don't know how many people remember the Sixties series The Invaders, where aliens were trying to take over the earth by subtle infiltration/control? Last night's POI reminded me of that. If intentional, great touch! If not, goes to show you how good ideas transcend the decades.

Well, congratulations to the producers who thought I'd get bored with the old story lines for essentially losing this viewer.
And this one, too. The show is a total wreck. Shaw (Sarah) will never be back before it gets canceled.

It was nice to see Zoe Morgan again.

Anyone else think the storyline with the shrink will end badly?
Considering that nothing seems to be random in this show, and that
the psychiatrist seems to know John isn't really a cop
, I don't see how it could end any way but badly.