Philadelphia (Montgomery County) Installs??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Amphicar770

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 26, 2004
Hi All,

VOOM has scheduled me for this Friday.

I did call to find out who the installer is and to get contact info. All the CSR could tell me was that it is "Telephone Cable Installs Inc.". She had no telephone or address. Hmm, this does not give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. If the mystery company is a "no show" it seems that VOOM would not even know who to call!

Anyway, just curious if anyone in Montgomery County, PA has any VOOM install experiences. I am near Collegeville.

I also requested pre-authorization for the upgraded antenna. She told me that if they determine it is needed that they will order it. However, this would require a follow-up service call. I did send a follow up message via e-mail as I simply will not sign off on the install of the OTA's are not working (I do know that I can get them from where I live).

Thanks.

as far as you antenna goes that is the standard rule for the antenna we have to try the one they send and then it is totally up to voom if you get an upgraded antenna.
so that has nothing to do with you installer no his or her fault if they do not give you a upgrade and if you don't sign there paper work than there is a chance they will not be paid for the work they did do. Not fair to the installer.

Thanks for the info. I am certainly not looking to screw over the installer. It would certainly make sense if VOOM's SOP were to provide installers with both antennas so that they can first try the standard and then upgrade on the spot if needed. My issue is that it should not have to result in another scheduled service.

I do hope that whatever they bring works. There will be hell to pay in my house if I have to tell the family, "sorry kids, it will be another three weeks for them to come back out before you can watch pbs/nbc/etc.). Perhaps at that point I would just need to leave the E* system hooked up and tell VOOM not to activate service until everything is working.

I had the same experience in getting the info on my installer from Voom. Installs, Inc. is actually the prime contractor for installations and sub out to other installers if they don't have a local presence.

Try calling Installs at 1-888-443-2306 and ask them who your installer will be. You should have gotten a work order number from Voom that is really the Installs Inc. WO#. If you have that, or even if you don't and they have a record of your order, they should be able to tell you who and what their contact info is.

Enjoy your Voom!

Doug

Amphicar770 said:
Thanks for the info. I am certainly not looking to screw over the installer. It would certainly make sense if VOOM's SOP were to provide installers with both antennas so that they can first try the standard and then upgrade on the spot if needed. My issue is that it should not have to result in another scheduled service.

I do hope that whatever they bring works. There will be hell to pay in my house if I have to tell the family, "sorry kids, it will be another three weeks for them to come back out before you can watch pbs/nbc/etc.). Perhaps at that point I would just need to leave the E* system hooked up and tell VOOM not to activate service until everything is working.

if you can get the name of your installer or company that will be doing you install you might let them know that you think you need a upgraded antenna
sometimes the installer will have one on there truck if they see from the antenna web that the local will not come in with the standard antenna from voom,
One more thing you can do is call installs Inc. and request that the installer call you before coming to your home and then you can asked him about it then.

And you should receive an "automated" email from Installs, Inc. 24 hours before your install. When you receive this call Installs, Inc. and ask for the phone # of your local installer so you can verify with them that they have the needed equipment and do as Tyork suggests about the OTA antenna assuming you haven't found out before then who will be doing the install.

Watching HDTV in light rain in Seattle, Gill

Thanks for the phone number. Good thing I called.

After being told by the automated system that the wait time was 1 minute and 20 seconds I listened to muzak for 30 minutes. The csr who answered did confirm the install and also provided the name and number of the installer (based in West Chester, PA).

I called the installer to confirm the appointment. The woman who answered was certainly nice enough but the first thing she said was, "Oh no, I do not think we could possibly get out there this Friday (the date of the scheduled install)". from talking to her it sounds like Installs Inc. assigns them the install without checking with them first. They will bring along the other antenna.

She did offer to do it the following week but I am away. Thus, my January 21 install is now on February 4th. Glad I did not sit home on Friday but also bummed that it will be another two weeks before I can start vooming.

Glad you called!

Sorry you'll have to wait.

Still watching HDTV in record high (59 with 64 expected) temps in Seattle, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts