Philips 60PW9363

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

deltice

Original poster
May 2, 2005
Greetings all!

This is my first post here.

I have a Philips 60PW9363. Using the HD DVI input, 4:3 images are offset several inches to the left of center (the HD images are as well, though there is enough image that there is no gaps). When I change over to the component, the images are not offset, but the color sucks.

Had a repair guy out about a month ago. He said he would have to do some research (still waiting).

If anyone else has this model, have you had this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard, deltice!

Just curious, does it happen in both 1080i and 720p modes?
I am not familiar with your TV set, but there should be a service menu option to adjust horizontal position.
Also, what is you video signal source? Does it have any geometry adjustments?

If you are using a DN 811 (perhaps 921/942 and it seems any other tuner) there is a menu option for the screen position! You will have to look through it.

Most TV's that I know of don't have something like that in their regular menu's, however, they do in the service menu.

Had the same problem with a 55PW9363. My SamsungHD box has a way to correct it in the menu. If your box doesn't have this option (like vooms didn't) there is nothing you can do when using DVI. Switch to component and adjust the colors, IMO the component looks as good as the DVI.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Sorry for my tardiness. Been extremely busy.

This happened with the VOOM box as well as the E* 811 box. I don't have anything else to test it with. I made the adjustments on the 811 box, but it does not allow it to go all the way to center.

I've tried the component inputs, but there is a HUGE difference in color. I mean it is very noticeable.

I have a service call in to Fry's Electronics (where I purchased it). Not so sure though. This is my second call. The first was several months ago. They sent out the serviceman (from a tv servicing company). He said he had to do some research, and that was the last I heard from him. :rolleyes:

I guess we will see.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)