Philips DSX-5350 *Searching for Signal* on some channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dsty2001

Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
I ran the coaxial cable up to my room and hooked it up to the receiver (The receiver was in another room, but I moved it) and for some reason, alot of channels will work, but when I go to some it says *Searching for Sattelite Signal*

I thought it maybe the cable, but I figured if that was true then none of the channels would work. Thanks in advance :)

It is quite possible that it is the cable. Make sure it is a RG-6 cable with 60% braid minimum. Also, it should be no more than 100' from the multiswitch or LNB. If there is a problem in the line it could prevent certain transponders from coming up. Also it could be a dish problem. Try it from the previous location and see if you get the same problem. If not, then it's probably a line issue.

It's the right cable, and I've looked over it, I've not noticed any apparent visible damage. I don't know...

What is your system setup?

1. Dish make and model?
2. Any multi-switches in the line?
3. Receiver make and model?
4. Custom run cable or pre-run in the home?
5. Tested any other WORKING receivers where the now bad receiver is? Problem repeats or clears?
6. Tested non-working receiver on another GOOD outlet? Problem repeats or clears?

Im pretty sure now its the cable

I brought my receiver downstairs up here and it didn't work at all. I also noticed that on the end of the cable, right below the connector that hooks into the Sattelite In on the Sat, there is some copper colored wires hanging out the side. Is there any way I can fix this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts