Philips Pronto w/ Crappy 921

Cre8ive

Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ok, so the 921's not necessarily crappy, but it's leaning more towards that than "outstandingly wonderful". Didn't realize I was going to lose my wonderful Tivo and NBR, but the $1K price tag on the DirecTV HD Tivo just seemed silly to me (not looking so silly anymore). Granted the 921 is faster than I ever could have imagined and has only locked up about 3 times requiring the plug to be physically pulled from the wall to reset , but hey, everything can't be perfect....right? Ok, now the issue (done venting :) )...

Has anyone figured out how to make the UHF 921 work with a Philips Pronto TSU-3000? Is there a way? This is one thing that is most grueling is having to go back to having a second remote control. If anyone can help it would be appreciated!!! :D

What's the problem?

The latest software version has an option to have the 921 send IR codes to teach the Pronto.

You put the 921 is a special mode, press a button on the remote, (RF to the 921), and the 921 send the IR code. One user reported that he needed to hold the learning remove very close to the IR window on the 921.

Never needed it myself, but it's burried in the menus somewhere.

If you can find a CCF file, it's probably faster.

Edit:
Oh, this is your first post.....
The 921 can respond to both IR and RF commands. It's remote only sends RF (to the 921). Hence, the new software feature to have the 921 send the IR to a learner remote.

MENU - 6 - 5 - TEACH REMOTE

Thats what I did, I taught my iPAQ the IR codes for the whole remote. It will do it all IR now. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts