Phillies in Philadelphia AREA on Directtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
2nd its available
3 rd D* doesn't want to pay for it.

Quoted from wikipedia: "Cable companies other than Comcast within the designated CSN Philadelphia market do have access to the channel."

These companies have access to the channel as they are local ground based cable companies. The channel is NOT available on any satellite company currently due to Comcast using a ground based distribution system.

So it's not that D* or even E* wont pay for the channel, it's not even an option.

One final note, Comcast has publicly said they would change their infrastructure to allow CSN Philly to D* as soon as D* gives up exclusive rights to NFLST

Quoted from wikipedia: "Cable companies other than Comcast within the designated CSN Philadelphia market do have access to the channel."

These companies have access to the channel as they are local ground based cable companies. The channel is NOT available on any satellite company currently due to Comcast using a ground based distribution system.

So it's not that D* or even E* wont pay for the channel, it's not even an option.

One final note, Comcast has publicly said they would change their infrastructure to allow CSN Philly to D* as soon as D* gives up exclusive rights to NFLST

That whole thing is wrong. First off, Comcast has had no issue at all selling to non competing cable companies. They sold to VZ because it will be years before they're all over Philly and because VZ has as much political pull in Philly as Comcast does. Secondly, it has nothing to do with them being ground based. The terrestrial loophole applied to competing cable companies as well as satellite companies.

Finally, Please for the love all things holy...stop bringing the Sunday Ticket into this. There's no comparison between ST, which Comcast refused to even bid and CSN Philly. It's nothing but smokescreen.

Quoted from Hemi

"Well D* would have no problem paying for it , if they didn't use all their extra cash on Seasonal Sports packs that no one can afford.
Sorry but I strongly believe we would have a lot more HD, cheaper lease upgrades, and cheaper prices if D* didn't have that Huge Debt to the NFL!"

Hemi, hemi, Hemi,

First off...."no one can afford" Please!

Sounds like someone has a bit of a grudge against D*.

Now that your gone why the pain in your voice?

Comcast has done everything they can to playkeep away from D* and E* and it is allBS, don't you remember their big NFL ST defense. Just total nonsense.

And thank you but I can afford it just fine.

Well, after a lot of thought, I did what I end up doing every year: subscribe to Comcast cable for 6 months to watch 1 channel. I was able to get a decent deal: HD basic with one receiver and Internet (which I was already a subscriber to) for $54.99 a month. I was already paying $29.99 for the Internet so it's only approx. $30 more with taxes and fees. Maybe next year Comcast will have relented and I can watch CSN Philly on D*.

Go Phillies!!!

You can "move" to northern New Jersey. That's what I did when I moved to the Poconos a few weeks ago. I didn't want to be in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre market where I would be blacked out from watching the Rangers, Devils, or Islanders due to weird blackout rules.

The New York spot beam reaches Philly without a problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts