Phillies on Directv alternative

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stm144

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
Since it appears that 2012 will be like the rest of the previous years and we will not get Comcast Philadelphia. I was looking at options for being able to watch the phillies this summer. One option would be to set up mlb.tv on my Samsung BluRay player. The only problem is, since I am in the Phillies "blackout" area, I would not be able to use this service without a workaround.

Can anyone give me any ideas on how I can watch the Phillies this summer?

Thank you.

That would be the same as if I would subscribe to mlb.tv through my bluray player... doesn't solve my problem of watching the Phillies live.

There are "IP Spoofers" that can be used so that box can appear to be at another locale.. (MLB uses ISP IP addresses to determine where you are)..(u could watch on a pc atleast)

With Roku..you can watch in market games(12 -24 hours later not live) if you get their MLB package.. They edit out commercials too..Major League Baseball Roku MLB.TV | MLB.com: Subscriptions
It is not specific to Roku. This is simply the MLB.TV account that allows you to access games online. You can use your PC, mobile devices with the At Bat APP, Roku, AppleTV, PS3 (which is by far the best steaming device for MLB.TV), XBox360 (new this year), Boxee, WD TV (new this year), some blue-ray players, and TVs that have the MLB At Bat APP.

In order to use any of these devices, including the Roku, you have to have the premium account.

There are "IP Spoofers" that can be used so that box can appear to be at another locale.. (MLB uses ISP IP addresses to determine where you are)..(u could watch on a pc atleast)
I use location spoofer on my iPhone and iPad and it works perfectly. I set my location somewhere in Mexico and none of the games are blacked out, including the post season, Fox Saturday games, my local teams, and Sunday Night games.

I understand how the program and blackouts work.

Is there some kind of spoofer I can use with my Samsung bluray player?

Or somehow I can set up my router to spoof my location

I use location spoofer on my iPhone and iPad and it works perfectly. I set my location somewhere in Mexico and none of the games are blacked out, including the post season, Fox Saturday games, my local teams, and Sunday Night games.

What is the name of the location spoofer that you use for ipad? I'm looking for an app but can't locate one!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I also wanted to do this for my PS3 so I could include the Tigers games in the mosaic feature and watch 4 at a time. After some searching around the internet there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do it. In the past there were some people who got the PS3 to connect through a proxy but MLB.TV seems to have found out how to detect this and not allow it through the PS3 anymore. The people who were doing it said it didn't work very well anyways because the speed of the proxy would kill the picture quality.

Since you are a Directv customer another option for you would be to "move" to another teams market and then subscribe to Extra Innings. I'm not sure if you would get the Phillies announcers or not since Directv doesn't carry CSN Philly but you would get the games. It is really unfortunate that pay tv subscribers have to buy an out of market sports package to watch their local teams but that is an option for you.

How do you "move". You are correct I wouldn't be able to get phillies announcers

You call in and tell them you moved to a new address and would like your service address changed. Tell them you already have everything working except for your locals. The downside to this is that you have to take another areas local channels unless you get them OTA. The area you choose has to be close enough that you are in their spotbeam but it has to have a different RSN.

I don't mean to turn this into a jail breaking discussion but you guys seem to really know what your talking about. Doesn't jailbreaking void your warranty? What are some of the major advantages of doing it, disadvantages? Thanks much for your help.

It can if you are under warranty. I am not under warranty so I do not have to worry about it. If you need to return your device, then you can simply restore it and remove the JB and they will never know.

Oh I see... Well I've looked on youtube and it looks extremely simple to jailbreak with just one click. Is it just as easy to un jailbreak it? What are some advantages of doing it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)