Phillips DVR second tuner not working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hivoltg

Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
I have a Phillips DSR7000/17. It is a dual tuner DVR. One of the tuners stopped working 4 months after I bought it and Phillips wants $99 to fix it. I switched the coax cables and they both work fine on the other tuner so I know it's not the dish or the signal. Is there anyone out there that knows a quick fix for a DVR tuner? I am not electronically challenged, but I want a second opinion before I rip the bad dog open. Thanks :eek:

You should check the software version and make sure it is on version "e" because version "d" made a lot of tuners quit working but you could change to a earlier version or later version of software and the tuners would start working again. I assume you have unplugged the receiver and plugged it back in? One of my RCA DVR40's lost a tuner and I swapped cables and it did not help but once I pulled the power plug and plugged it back in it worked fine. I do not think there would be much you could fix on a tuner problem unless it was just a bad solder joint on the incoming connector but if it was me I would buy a new DVR before I would spend $99 to get it fixed.

Thank You

I unplugged it and left it unplugged for a few hours, but that did not help. I am going to take a look at the version as well. Thanks for the advice Mike.

Welcome to Satelliteguys Hivoltg! Someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought all D* receivers had a one year warranty? Have you called D* to see if they would send a replacement?

silversurfer01973 said:
Welcome to Satelliteguys Hivoltg! Someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought all D* receivers had a one year warranty? Have you called D* to see if they would send a replacement?
Warranty is 90 days on all installs/equip I believe, a refurb replacement from D* should be less than the cost of repair tho.

silversurfer01973 said:
My RCA has a 1 yr warranty, 90 days on parts and labor then 91-1yr has only parts and you have to send to them and pay $75 for labor just for them to look at it. IT SUCKS!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts