phone connection fee

ndcoop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
I will be upgrading to HD and will have to move my receiver to a different room. The only problem is that I will not have access to a phone connection or internet connection. I would really like to avoid the $5 fee AND still have access to caller ID. Anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve both, or at least one of my goals? Thanks.

You can get a wireless phone jack that will provide you with a jack in the other room. Walmart sells them for about $30.00.

The primary dual tuner receiver on your account has the fee waived, make that one the primary.

Ask the installer how much to install a phone line and if he knows how an eternet cable. Might be suprised that you can get everything you want. All you have to do is pay to get it done.

The primary dual tuner receiver on your account has the fee waived, make that one the primary.

Really? So I have a 625 as primary and a 322G as the 2nd. The primary is hooked up to the phones via one of those wireless boxes that plug into a wall outlet. The 322 is not hooked up (just haven't gotten around to getting a second phone box).

Are you saying I can move the box so the 625 is not hooked up and the 322 is, and I will no longer have the $5 fee?

Really? So I have a 625 as primary and a 322G as the 2nd. The primary is hooked up to the phones via one of those wireless boxes that plug into a wall outlet. The 322 is not hooked up (just haven't gotten around to getting a second phone box).

Are you saying I can move the box so the 625 is not hooked up and the 322 is, and I will no longer have the $5 fee?

You will still have the fee for the 2nd ox that is not hooked up.

Just spend $30 and buy a wireless phone jack.

With the fee being $5 at 6 months you reach the break even point.

Yes you do not have to pay the $5.00 phone line fee on the primary that would be your 625. So if you 322 is not connected to a phone line now you are paying the extra $5. So take the phone jack to the 322 and you will save the $5.00 phone line fee.

When I got my install the guy gave me one of those "DishComm" thingys and it seems to work well! (You have to have wireless broadband) I think you can buy them for about 40 bucks too...

When I got my install the guy gave me one of those "DishComm" thingys and it seems to work well! (You have to have wireless broadband) I think you can buy them for about 40 bucks too...
Wrong.

Dishcomm modem is for a telephone jack. Plug directly into wall, connect phone line from a working phone jack into the Dishcomm modem. Now it doesn't matter where in the home the receivers are plugged in.

A Slinglink modem is for ethernet/broadband and does not matter if it is a wired or wireless router. Plug the Slinglink directly into the wall, connect an ethernet/cat5 cable into your router. Now it doesn't matter where your receivers are.

Both technologies use the power outlets in the home to "wirelessly" connect your receivers. Both cannot be plugged into a surge suppressor unless if it is Homeplug compatible. The other exception is that the outlets that the receivers and the modems are plugged into have to be wired to the same electrical box.

im sorry Magnum. Your right. the installer kept saying oh ill give you a dishcomm. But I do have the Ethernet one and it does work well. Sorry again for the confusion. (Im a noob)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts