Phone Home! How?

devildogg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
So, I'm checking out the "System Status" and I notice that the box had an Unsuccessful contact with the HQ. My last Successful Report was on 5/28/04. I can't figure out why it was not successful so I try calling the 1-800-348-4922. Lo and behold it's not in service. Now whats up with that?

Regards....

devildogg said:
So, I'm checking out the "System Status" and I notice that the box had an Unsuccessful contact with the HQ. My last Successful Report was on 5/28/04. I can't figure out why it was not successful so I try calling the 1-800-348-4922. Lo and behold it's not in service. Now whats up with that?

Regards....

welcome to the forum devildog... this is old news... for about a month or so... don't worry about it...

at least you had a successful one.........I never have
oops, take that back
did have one on 7:00pm 01-05-1980

Tuefel Hunden,

The reportback feature is currently disabled, but it will be used at later time in order to authenticate customer hardware. Additionally, it will be used to order Pay Per View movies and events. The phone number was working for a while, but I'm sure VOOM got tired of paying toll-free phone bills for features that have not been implemented.

Riff...<EOT>
chesty.gif

and this is "hearsay" or what?
did a CSR tell you that?
you know CSR's are really politicians "tell you exactly what you want to hear" truth or not

People get freaked out when they see that anything was "Unsuccessful", and then they start wondering why Voom was trying to contact them. Or they wonder if their phone connection is toast, or this, or that.

At this point in time, the reportback is not necessary, so there is no need to worry about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)