Phone line question

joedoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
I used to have a roommate who had a Dish account with our land line phone attached to it. He left about three years ago and I opened my own Dish account. To avoid any problems with Dish I used my cell phone as a phone on account.

Now after three years passed would it be possible to connect the same land line phone # to a receiver in order to drop extra $5 charge?

If it is what would be a best way to do that:

a) to go to my account on the Dish web site and change phone on account, or
b) just connect line to receiver and to leave the rest as is?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I was told by somebody that Dish keeps even closed accounts forever and if I'll attach once used phone number to a receiver It may pop up two accounts?

Call and ask Dish about this one. Perferably the Tech department. I had my account set up for my cell phone and hooked up my land line to my receivers and guess what? I got an audit within the week. See if you can use your land line as your phone number for your account. Other wise the Dish Gestapho Audit police will be calling you.:devil:

MikeD-C05 said:
Call and ask Dish about this one. Perferably the Tech department. I had my account set up for my cell phone and hooked up my land line to my receivers and guess what? I got an audit within the week. See if you can use your land line as your phone number for your account. Other wise the Dish Gestapho Audit police will be calling you.:devil:
I don't know about that. My one account has receivers calling from diferent phone numbers. Haven't been audited since I connected them. (None of the numbers match the number listed for the account) :devil: :devil:

MikeD-C05 said:

So what did they tell you? Did they mentioned that the phone # doesn't match to the one on account? What was the resolution?

Last edited:
They told me that I needed to have my account phone listed as the one that the receivers call out on. So my main number is listed as my land line and my cell phone is listed as my work phone or second number to contact me at. I passed the audit since I had all of my receivers in the house and I wasn't stacking. I had three back then and now I have just two 942s , soon to be two 622s by weeks end. I have heard that you get an automatic audit when you hook up two 622s on your account , so I guess I will find it out for myself when I try to hook them up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts