phone line to reciver

M

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 24, 2005
Md
i have a 622. i was thinking about ditching my landline for a bt gateway and cell service. there is no high speed available to me, i use cell wifi

how often does the reciver call out? and how long are the calls?
i could possible use a bridge and connect it to my cells wifi, but then i would have to be home when it used the net

just wondering

andrewj0781

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
i have a 622. i was thinking about ditching my landline for a bt gateway and cell service. there is no high speed available to me, i use cell wifi

i could possible use a bridge and connect it to my cells wifi, but then i would have to be home when it used the net

just wondering

I don't know if Dish receivers support it but you'd have to use a laptop to get online then use a cross over cable (cat 5) and run it to the receiver. (That's how you do it with a ps3) That's if your using Data Connect device.

Liquidforce88

Liquidforce88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 3, 2005
The Land Of OZ

just wondering

You don't need to worry about it. Dish no longer gives you a credit for having it connect, so who cares if it is.

B

Brynwald

Mar 18, 2010
Central Arkansas
as of right now the receiver dials out once a month. Its a very short call..from what im told its under a minute. it sends a status containing the software version, signal str and some other metrics that analyze the condition of the receiver. Besides that, you can pay bill and order pay per view/VOD. if you dont do those things dont stress about connectivity. Dish no longer waives the TV2 fee if its connected. that all changed FEB1 of this year.