Phone Line

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There are free VoIP providers out there.... FreeWorldDialup, SIPPhone, Voicestick, Stanaphone, etc. Some even let you have a free incoming phone number.

I looked on the FWD site...but it talks about having an IP capable phone...how would the Dish box work with that? I'd like to get rid of the land line, but I only pay $18/mth for local service and use the cell phone for long distance. If I ditch the land line, I'll really only save $13/mth since Dish will jack me with the $5/mth fee. But seeing your post about the free VoIP providers...wondering if you could share your insight as to how one could utilize their services for the sole purpose of connecting the Dish 622?

Thanks!

I looked on the FWD site...but it talks about having an IP capable phone...how would the Dish box work with that? I'd like to get rid of the land line, but I only pay $18/mth for local service and use the cell phone for long distance. If I ditch the land line, I'll really only save $13/mth since Dish will jack me with the $5/mth fee. But seeing your post about the free VoIP providers...wondering if you could share your insight as to how one could utilize their services for the sole purpose of connecting the Dish 622?

Thanks!

The FWD service lets you connect an ATA device to their service. ATA = Analog Telphone Adapter. There are various ATA's out there, I like the Sipura line such as the 1001 model. Very small, about the size of a deck of cards. It has an ethernet port, power cable, and phone line jack. If you know enough about your phone wiring you can plug it into your house wiring and light up all your jacks. The E* receivers can dial out all they want. You can then get an IPKall number for free in WA State for free incoming calls. Of course, the other party would have to call LD to WA. Or you can use other providers such as VoiceStick that might have a number in your area on their free plan. The only cost you would have is the upfront ATA cost. The Sipura 1001 is also a good device since you can put two VoIP providers on the one box with a single line phone, so you could have two free VoIP providers on it if you wanted to. It's a simple to setup. Feel free to PM or post in here if you need help.

DO NOT have your receivers call home from your neighbors phone! If you do you will be getting a call from the audit team, if they have your cell #, if the don't your receivers will be shut down untill you call into them & go through an audit.

i have mine plugged into my vonage line. That number has changed now twice in the last couple years, and the only number Dish has is my cell phone number that I originally signed up with 4 or 5 years ago. I have never had a problem or had an audit. And I have a 501, 510, 522, and 625.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)