photos from ces

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok all of todays photos have been updated! :)

I will attempt to do an update of what I saw today in a bit from my hotel room (via AOL) (Yuck)

hey are those tvs from the dish both the ones the had from the voom booth the past 2 yrs?

langlin said:
I Was surprised to see Springfield, Mo on the HD LIL list, do they say what the time table will be for the HD LIL's?

As I mentioned in the caption of the picture, maybe they are doing some lower markets in HD since they only have to put up 1 or 2 channels, and therefore they can say they are covering a market (i.e. for advertising purposes) with less bandwidth. So, if the bottom 10 markets only have 1-2 of the major networks in HD, then they can cover those markets with say 15-20 HD channels instead of the 4 per market needed for the larger DMAs not being covered?

DishBacker said:
As I mentioned in the caption of the picture, maybe they are doing some lower markets in HD since they only have to put up 1 or 2 channels, and therefore they can say they are covering a market (i.e. for advertising purposes) with less bandwidth. So, if the bottom 10 markets only have 1-2 of the major networks in HD, then they can cover those markets with say 15-20 HD channels instead of the 4 per market needed for the larger DMAs not being covered?

which is a cop-out and why i have left them, to the one provider actualy doing it right

I love the picture of the Dish video wall where it says "Finally delivering on the promise of HDTV"

and there's nothing on any of the screens.:D

Yeah, Dish is really stretching here to keep up with D**** just throwing up the lil locals and the voom channels and trying to get the new recievers out the door! Kinda like well we built 40 trailers, but they don't have wheels on them yet! But in thei defense at lease there doing something!

langlin said:
I Was surprised to see Springfield, Mo on the HD LIL list, do they say what the time table will be for the HD LIL's?

I was surprised to see that myself. I read somewhere that Springfield MO. has one of the most saturated areas per capita for dish. More people in Springfield actually have dish network then local cable, maybe dish is throwing them a bone for being so loyal.

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes...

Since Scotts photo of the video wall was a day early before it was up and running, here is heavily compressed clip of the video wall with all HD channels playing on the monitor. I shot this today as I walked into the E* booth to meet the satelliteguys for Scotts tour of the new DVR's and HD receivers (MP40 compatible.

http://www.scubatech.com/CES2006/EchostarCES2006.wmv

Video clip is a windows media 9 file 320x240 shot with a Canon G3 on SD card and converted to wmv with windows movie maker about 800K file size.

Last edited:
Guys I have a LOT more photos coming, I just have not had broadband to upload them.

Hopefully today.

Keep checking in and thank you for your support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)